Errors in Developer|Info - Can't install python_openzwave in RHEL7.3

HA seems to be fine in the web dashboard, but when I go to Developer|Info there are several errors. The instructions are incomplete.

In response to # pip3 install python_openzwave I get at the end:

[code]ve-master/python-openzwave/src-lib/libopenzwave/libopenzwave.o openzwave-embed/open-zwave-master/libopenzwave.a -L/usr/lib64 -ludev -lstdc++ -lresolv -lpython3.4m -o build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.4/libopenzwave.cpython-34m.so
g++: error: openzwave-embed/open-zwave-master/libopenzwave.a: No such file or directory
error: command ‘g++’ failed with exit status 1

----------------------------------------

Command “/usr/bin/python3.4 -u -c “import setuptools, tokenize;file=’/tmp/pip-build-q8jfwnoo/python-openzwave/setup.py’;f=getattr(tokenize, ‘open’, open)(file);code=f.read().replace(’\r\n’, ‘\n’);f.close();exec(compile(code, file, ‘exec’))” install --record /tmp/pip-luv9cyw3-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile” failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-q8jfwnoo/python-openzwave/[/code]

G**gle is baffled. Any advice?

Well I don’t usually come back when no one even tries to help me, but in this case I think it’s ignorance, not snottiness.

I eventually found that I was missing libudev.h, which is -not- in libudev-devel since there isn’t one. Turns out that libudev.h is in systemd-devel, so that must be installed.

Here are the things I had to do to get openzwave installed in RHEL7/CentOS7:

[code] # yum install python3.4 python3.4-devel redhat-rpm-config systemd-devel gcc-c++ doxygen git

# pip3.4 install wheel setuptools sqlalchemy
# pip3.4 install python_openzwave
# pip3.4 install homeassistant colorlog[/code]

Check Developer|Info for errors that need correcting.