Errors updating firmware

I am in the process of considering moving my wave devices off of my Hubitat hub onto my Home Assistant Yellow. I have the network setup and have started to add a few test devices before committing to the migration. The first issue I have is related to firmware updates. I am prompted about an inovelli red series switch being out of date. I have the firmware files, and have flashed devices from Hubitat in teh past. Under HA though, I am having a few issues.

I select the device in HA and enter the update dialog. I select the firmware files and the targets. Regardless of the file or target, I get an error stating the upload failed. The error is pasted below. I can control the device from the HA UI and I am able to manage it in Z Wave JS UI. How do I go about correcting this so that I can apply my updates?

Upload Failed

Cannot connect to host core-zwave-js:3000 ssl:default [Name has no usable address]

I’ve never seen this error before. If noone helps you I suggest you open a support ticket with the Z-Wave JS developer here GitHub - zwave-js/node-zwave-js: Z-Wave driver written entirely in JavaScript/TypeScript. He is responsive and helpful.

I would suggest posting more logs if there are any (check system logs). Where did that error come from?

This is a reference to the official (core) Z-Wave JS add-on,

but then you say you are using Z-Wave JS UI. Something in your installation is still referencing the official add-on. You can’t use both add-ons at the same time. Make sure this is not the case. You can easily verify which add-on is being used by the integration by looking at the Server URL in the integration configuration. The error message seems to indicate the add-on is not installed, but something is referencing it.

If the URL points to core-zwave-js, then you need to fix it by following the guides:

If the Server URL points to the ZUI add-on, then something else is going on and we’ll probably need more logs or information.

Just because a zwave firmware update is available does not mean you should apply it. If the device has been working fine let it be unless there is something important to you in the firmware release notes. All firmware updates have risk of bricking the device or other unexpected behavioral changes.

“If it ain’t broke - don’t fix it”