ESP-12F_Relay_X8 - setup

Hi All!

With the current energy prices :money_with_wings: - i am trying to save some money - while making my home smarter.
I am a bit of an audiophile - so in my “listening room” - which is also used by my kids.
i have 1 outlet - that powers all my devices.
Again - being an audiophile - means alot of devices.
we are talking:
amplifier, network switch, roon endpoint, usb-spdif, dac, riaa, turntable, tv and some lamps.

Today - when not in the room - i simply turn of the outlet - which off course turns of everyting.

But - then - when the kids simply wants to watch tv - or i want my lamp to turn on - i have to turn on the outlet - which off-course turns on all of my “auxilily” devices.

I have an power distributer - which is this one:

and - it looks like this on the inside:

I went ahead and bought this devices on aliexpress:

which has the following specs:

i chose it - based on this description:

As far as i can see - it should be quite straight forward.
i need to flash it with esphome - and
then i need to feed it with some dc power.
i migth add a small 5v dc supply - that i have laying arround - from a wled project - or i might look into if something is available inside the unit - that powers the meter in front etc.

now to the question.
how do i go ahead and connect the outputs?
as far as i have understood - i will have to connect it like this:

so if i get this correct i will have to do the following:
the neutral wire - will go ( as it allready does today in the box ) to the neutral screw terminal on each of the socket outlets screw terminals . but the livewire should now go to to each of the com ports - and then be fed to each of the sockets from the NO or NC output?

Is my basic understanding correct? or am i missing something?
i would really like to get some inputs - before i blow something up - or execute myself :smile: :electric_plug: :zap:

Best regards
Ronni

Looks OK to me, but I’m not a qualified electrician.

I didn’t realize you could get a ready-made version of this. I made one up from the relay board and an ESP.

1 Like

Hi Guff!
Thanks for your reply.
I “took a chance” - and it turned out it works perfects :slight_smile:

all though i still plan to turn everything off - for the next couple of nights - just to be sure i havent created some kind of fire hazard :slight_smile:

Add a fuse in series with your outputs before this part:

1 Like

Hello. I have the same ESP-12F_Relay_X8. Unfortunately, I’m not doing well. Can you please tell me how/what to flash to connect to HA? Thank you

Hi
I used the following in esphome:

esp8266:
board: esp12e

br Ronni

I had several troubles too.
I had a USB-> Serial converter where I had to connect TX to RX and RX to TX.
This and I used 3.3V instead of 5V power supply