ESP smart сoffee machine Philips 5400 Series

Can I make this work with the 3200 series somehow?

The 4000/5000 series coffee machine project is not suitable for the 3200 series coffee machine, since they have different protocols. The 3200 coffee machine has no LCD screen and buttons, so you need to look at projects for 1000-3000 series coffee machines. The links are in the header

1 Like

Hey @DivanX10 and peeps, thanks for this thread, awesome work here!

I was reading through everything and got excited until I realized your last point about the relay disabling the physical power button. For me I’d prefer to only automate the coffee making on some days :slight_smile: so hopefully someone is willing to test the optocoupler idea some more or figure out a new way to turn the machine on.

Unfortunately, I can’t test other connection schemes to simulate pressing a button and I no longer want to, since I don’t want to sit for a while without coffee and tinker with the coffee machine again. I’m used to turning it on through the voice assistant or automatically after waking up. I was once offered a scheme for connecting to an optocoupler that would simulate pressing a button and at the same time maintain the functionality of the physical button. But I haven’t tried it and can’t guarantee it will work. When soldering, I ruined the 4.7 kOhm SMD resistor and installed what was there - SMD 10 kOhm. If you solder a resistor of a higher value, for example, as I soldered 10 kOhm, then the sensitivity of the button will disappear, but it works with the relay. It is not advisable to set it below 4.7 kOhm, since a resistor is needed here to eliminate interference and it was not for nothing that the manufacturer set it to 4.7 kOhm. If you want, try it and if the physical button works for you and you can turn it on remotely, it will be great. There may be other connection schemes for remote activation. I will be glad if you succeed and share your working scheme

Below are the diagrams that were offered to me after I had already implemented and published my working scheme for remote switching on, but without losing the ability to turn on the coffee machine through a physical button

Note! R330Ohm - a 330 Ohm resistor can be used 270-510 Ohm

1 Like

Good day. I have a problem with my Philips coffee machine. Triac bt312 is faulty and smd resistor R109 is also faulty. Unfortunately, the value is not readable. Does anyone have a photo of the triac where it would be possible to read the value. Thank you Jara.

Hello everyone and congratulations on this beautiful project! :smiley:
As far as you know… would it also work on a machine from the new 5500 series?
Thanks

I did not find the 5500 series coffee machine, show the coffee machine with screenshots and a link to it

This is the link from the Philips website:

It is the latest model of the EP series.
I would like to know if it works with the same codes as the 5400 series.
But I haven’t found much information about it.

In appearance, the models between the 5400 and 5500 series are identical, but there is no guarantee that the protocol will be the same. The manufacturer can make changes to the protocol, for example, order the firmware from another developer. Philips doesn’t write the code themselves, they order it. Then, you should understand that by buying this coffee machine after modification, you lose the warranty, and given the cost of this coffee machine at € 699.99, maybe you should look at others who already have integration with Home Assistant, and do not need to modify the 5500 series coffee machine. If you still really want a 5500 series coffee machine and want to modify it, then you do it at your own risk and should understand that it may not take off, and then you will have to decrypt the protocol yourself, and maybe earn if the protocol is the same.

Alternative integrations for coffee machines. No modification of the coffee machine is required for their operation, and therefore you will not lose the warranty

1. Home assistant Delonghi integration
  2. Jura Coffee Machines for Home Assistant