ESP Somfy RTS Integration

First check to ensure there are no browser errors. In chrome open the developer tools and check the console to see if there are errors. Also, you can verify the username and password selected by taking the device and hooking it up to USB and watch log as it boots up. You can view the logs at web.esphome.io.

Thanks for the quick reply, chrome just shows this, also tried login in from edge.
i checked the login information, and it’s correct. Chrome log

Please hard refresh your browser to clear the browser cache. In Chrome this is CTRL+F5

I’m very new to Home Assistant and having a problem adding the custom HACS repository. ESP Somfy RTS is working perfectly stand alone, I installed HAOS as a VM (2023.9) last night, installed update 2023.9.1 this morning and enabled advanced mode for my user account.

It looks to me that HACS is now integrated by default, when I go to Settings and then Add-Ons I have a link to the Add-Ons store. There I can select the ellipsis which shows repositories (empty) but when I try to add the GitHub URL it yields an error:

I’m pasting in the following URL:

PS: Pretty sure it’s me, not you

Edit:
For any other newbies out there:
Edit your user account and enable advanced options, next install the SSH add-on and then follow the HACS installation instructions (wget -O https://URL | bash -) and then finally ‘reboot’. You’ll then find HACS in the integrations where you can enable and authorise it using your GitHub account. Once that’s done you can add the custom repository in HACS (on the left menu), after that you can search for ESPSomfy in HACS and install it. Remember to restart once again (in the developer tools menu, available on the left).

You must install the HACS store. It is not the same as the Add-on store.

Then please follow the instructions in this link.

Hello,

I try to install EspSomfy RTS on LILYGO T-Internet POE with the last firmware 2.1.5

And il have in the logs

[17:54:04]11111111111111111Request /admin 404-1 GET 111Loading file /index.html
[17:54:04]Error opening/index.html
[17:54:04]Loading file /index.html
[17:54:04]Error opening/index.html

And another question with software use it for flashing LILYGO T-Internet POE, because it’s very dificult for me to flash it

Thanks

I did it like here described:

on the LILYGO T-Internet POE.
No problems and straight forward.

It’s doesn’t work for me and i follow the instructions

Did you flash the SomfyController.onboard.esp32.bin file or are you trying to onboard with the SomfyController.ino.esp32.bin file? It looks like you flashed just the firmware and not the file system which is packaged in the SomfyController.onboard.esp32.bin file.

Once you have onboarded the device, you can then update it over the air using the other 2 files and never have to onboard again.

Alright your screenshot seems to indicate that either the comm port is not correct, the programmer card is not connected correctly, or the USB cable you are using is a charge only cable. Using the web.esphome.io method is easier you just need to make sure you flash the onboard file.

1 Like

It’s Ok thanks

Unfortunately that didn’t work either.

It appears you are locked out of your configuration on the device. The only way around this is to first backup your settings by opening a browser and enter the following into the address bar
http://[IP ADDRESS OF ESP32]/backup

This should download the current configuration as well as the rolling codes for your configuration. Open the file and make sure it contains your configuration. Then reflash the ESP32 using the SomfyController.onboard.esp32.bin file. Do this and reconnect the ESP32 to your network. Finally, go to the firmware tab and click restore. Select the backup file that you downloaded in the earlier step and click upload file. This will restore all the settings and the password will be cleared.

I am currently looking into installing motors in my outdoor blinds and awnings and came across this project, it looks amazing. I was looking at Somfy motors but reading through this thread i see that it is also compatible with other motors. Is anyone able to give feedback as to what other motors have been working?

I only have Somfy motors. However, I know that there are quite a few RTS, RTW, and RTV/RTL protocol compatible motors out there. As new protocol information becomes available I add them.

For instance, some users have Tube motors on 433.92mHz and others are using 433.38mHz due to variations from the manufacturer. There are a couple of users with Jove JVE motors from ASA motors.
However, I can tell you any motor that has IO listed as in IO Homecontrol will not work. These are a completely different proprietary protocol that is not supported by ESPSomfy RTS.

1 Like

I purchased an actual (8-pin) CC1101 and I can configure the ESP-32 now, and I’ve set up my Somfy (yay!)

Unfortunately, when I go to configure the HA integration, it asks for an IP (which is populated), and then
a username/password pair and a PIN.

Since I didn’t set one up in the ESPSomfy config page, I’m not sure what goes here.
Leaving it blank generates an error: “Invalid flow specified”. I tried my MQTT credentials, and that doesn’t work either.

What’s supposed to go here?

Hmmm
 you should be able to leave that blank. I am updating my Home Assistant right now and will try a discovered hub.

When you look at HACS what version are you showing?

EDIT: I simply clicked on the discovered item in Home Assistant and it added it to the device listing. I tried 5 different ones.

When I closed the dialog, clicked the configure button again, and left everything alone and hit submit, it seems to have worked.

I guess there were some spaces or something in the dialog.

Hi, I was still on the 2.0.0 firmware so I deciuded it was time to update to latest (2.1.6). I first OTA updated firmware, that seem to go fine. Then I updated the application, but the UI kept hanging after that, even with reboot:

So I decided to do a full new flash using ESPHome web. After a successful flash that also hang in the initialisation screen with a wait cursor. I could never get to the config because that was disabled.

Then I did another full flash of 2.1.5 and that I could configure normally. I am now up and running again. The only thing I noticed is that besides both the NTP server and radio settings are in the backup, but they were not restored. I had to enter that manually. Is that normal behaviour?