ESP Somfy RTS Integration

The Backup of radio is part of 2.1.6, so this is normal. :wink:

There was an issue with the file system binary that was posted yesterday. Unfortunately, it it not contain one of the changes. I have since rebuilt the file system binary as well as the onboard file for v2.1.6 and posted it to the release. This made the initialization of the shade and group lists throw a script error.

Go ahead and update to v2.1.6 and you should not have any problems.

1 Like

Hello @ericbr & @rstrouse

I have had the same issue, ie, leaving the login & password blank with just the IP address 192.168.1.98 (fixed via DHCP of my livebox).

I just tried to change the IP adress to another available one (192.168.1.101) and it works, no more ā€œInvalid flow specifiedā€, and I am retreiving my shade directly into HA.

Firmware version : 2.1.4

Regards
Olivier

Hi! First of all, fantastic work, worked flawlessly first try.
I donā€™t have HACS installed and canā€™t install it so I usually install custom integrations manually. However I am unable to add this to my HA. Do you have any recommendations? I have the espsomfy_rts folder added to my config/custom_components folder which doesnā€™t change anything. I tried to add all of these at times to no success.

espsomfy_rts:
  host: ###mydeviceip###
espsomfy_rts:
espsomfy_rts:
  data:
    - host: ###mydeviceip###

How can this be added manually to HA? Thanks!

Did you install the contents of the custom_components/espsomfy_rts directory to it? At that point it should find the device on your network. If it does not discover it then you need to click on the add integration from your devices and services. If you have the ESPSomfy RTS component installed it should show up as an integration and you can manually type in the IP address.

Hello there.

I am realy new to all of this, true noob.

Iā€™ve read your instructions carefully and orderd exactly the things you described.

And beyond my own believe, iā€™ve managed to get to the point that the RADIO NOT INITIALIZED message went away. Good for me.

But now iā€™m stuckā€¦ In the logs there are no signals registered. Pretty sure the cables are correct, checkt them 5832593 times.

Any idea on what could be the problem?

Lets start with which transceiver you have (E07-M1101D?) and which ESP32 you have (ESP32-WROOM?). A radio not initialized means that either the settings are not correct or you have some wiring not correct.

EDIT: I should be a better reader. Which remote do you have?

Hi there,

Indeed i got the E07-M1101D

The esp32 is this one:

AZDelivery ESP32 NodeMCU Module WLAN WiFi Development Board met CP2102 (opvolger van ESP8266) compatibel met Arduino Inclusief E-Book!ā€¦ Amazon.nl

The RADIO NOT INITIALIZED is cleared, so that is good, right?

The remote is a telis 4

RADIO NOT INITIALIZED cleared is good. I too have a telis 4 so that is good as well. First lets start out with increasing the RX bandwidth in 100kHz increments and press SAVE RADIO in between. After each save press a button on the remote to see if you get a signal. A number will appear in the RSSI area.

I will check this tomorrow and let you know the results. Thank you for your replies so far!

Hi, I pasted the contents to the custom_components/espsomfy_rts folder. Adding an integration did not show espsomfy RTS as an option, neither did adding the above blurbs to the configuration.yaml file. So the integration was not installed for some reason.

Did you restart home assistant after copying the files. Then go into Settings ā†’ Devices & Service ā†’ then click on Add Integration. You should be able to search for it there. Just curious why no HACS?

Yep restarted a couple times, no luck. Went to Configuration ā†’ Devices & Services ā†’ Add Integration. For some reason trying it tonight, it did show up as an integration but with the following error:

This integration does not support configuration via the UI. If you followed this link from the Home Assistant website, make sure you run the latest version of Home Assistant.

Iā€™m on version 2022.3.8, and core 7.5.

As for why no HACS, Iā€™ve been running the same HA install for ~6-7 years now and HACS didnā€™t exist to my knowledge when I first started and I just worked around everything; at this point I am in way too deep. The vast majority of custom cards and integrations I was able to get working by manually importing, and every time I tried to install HACS it broke a hundred other things or would prevent HA from booting properly. I do plan to do a fresh install later this year or early next year on dedicated server equipment at which point I would install it, partially so I can clean up unused scripts/automations/configurations, but (other than my devices constantly knocking out my wifi) if it isnā€™t broke donā€™t fix it has been my philosophy.

As for now, I created template cover entities with MQTT-sub entities and MQTT-pub scripts/automations to cover the basics while I get the integration up and running.

While I have you here, if I wanted to add additional sensors i.e. a BH1750 light level sensor to the same module I have ESPSomfy RTS on, what would be the best approach? Iā€™m assuming writing it as any other arduino code in the SomfyController.ino file from git and an addition to the loop to publish the values to MQTT would be the most efficient?

I guess I have never run core. And the integration does support configuration via the UI so I donā€™t know where that comes from. I am surprised that it did not discover the device either through zeroconf or SSDP Discovery. If it doesnā€™t discover you simply select setup another instance of ESPSomfy RTS.

You could add some code or I could also add an MQTT subscribe endpoint for isSunny/set and isWindy/set and the sunflag will magically work. These devices get published to HA already.

@rstrouse many thanks for your work. It took me some work but I managed to get my Waveshare ESP32-S2 to work on the v2.1.6 Distro repair commit. Now to find time to outfit the rest of my screens with a Somfy radio receiver :slight_smile:

Great when you are done with that you can replace the jet pump on my spa. The problem with finding time is that you have to take time to find it. It always seems to fall behind the couch or under the refrigerator.

So, i went all the way with testing, in steps of 100khz at a time, with saving in between,.but no results. Also no rssi number, it keeps saying zero

Open an issue on the main repository. Then shoot some pics of your wiring. The latest release also contains a frequency scanner to capture remotes that are out of tune but I suspect there is either something wrong with your wiring.

Hi there,

Iā€™m pretty new here and was pointed out this Somfy RTS integration.
Ordered myself a ESP module and a C1011 to find out after wiring and installing that my remote is a Somfy Situo 5 io Pure II. Not a single signal pops up :frowning:
After double checking it seems that this remote works on 868mhz.
Is there any way I can make this work? Maybe with a different transmitter?

Regards,
Gijs