ESP Somfy RTS Integration

@GenevaMike60 sometimes I can be such a dunderhead. Please go to the HACS store and click the 3 dots on the upper right after selecting the ESPSomfy RTS integration. From there select redownload and select v2.2.2. There was a key error that I missed.

:+1:t2:. Thank you

Sorry to ask again. How do I automate to the My position. On your list of service calls it is not included. I would assume something like set_my_position. Is this correct ?

There is not a service to program the my position on Home Assistant. However to go to the my position simply click the stop button and the motor will move to that position. Take a look at the wiki to review how to set it.

To move to the my position simply send the stop command when the motor is not moving.

I think I may not have asked clearly, but perhaps it is the same answer for both. I was looking to run an automation to set the blind to the my position. If I just use the stop command then it does nothing. I looked at the wiki and cannot see the answer there unless I am looking in the wrong place

Thanks for all your guidance and the great job you have done with this

The my position is activated by sending a stop command to the motor when it is not moving. Did you set a my position in the ESPSomfy RTS interface?

ahha - you have found my error - thanks again

So thank you again, all is going well.
A question. Is there a way I can get the blinds to just go up a very short amount ? This is the equivalent of setting the shutters horizontal. The my position is used to shade the house at 45%. I am using Telis remotes.
I tried the set position command and the tilt position command but that didn’t seem to work

Did you mean the step-up/step-down function (and not not the up/down function)?

When I try that I get the following error message:

value must be one of [‘close’, ‘close_tilt’, ‘open’, ‘open_tilt’, ‘stop’] for dictionary value @ data[‘type’]

Hey everyone.

Have got this setup and working “ish” with rollar shades. I’ve got the E07-M1101D-SMA and the following ESP32: Amazon.co.uk

Following the standard hardware guide and setup I got it connected, Wifi and Radio strength both seem good (-50dBm and -25dBm - -60dBm) depending on the location of the remote.

My issue is that if I haven’t used the remote to move the shades or ESPSomfy integration then it takes multiple clicks on any of the up/down/my buttons for the shade to start any kind of movement. Once it does the initial movement the shade recieves the commands and reacts instantly. It’s like the shade goes to sleep and needs multiple commands from ESPSomfy to wake it up if that makes sense?

I don’t have this issue with the remote itself, that will work no matter how long the shade hasn’t moved for. The motors are the Roll Up 24 WF RTS LI-ION and the remote is the SITUO 5 RTS

Any ideas would be great. Thanks!

Did you try to increase the “repeat commands” functionality in the settings of the motor?

That’s done the trick, completely missed that the first time round. Thanks

@Baxterinho please make sure you did not assign any shade addresses to the same address as you remote. This will cause ESPSomfy RTS to need to send as many commands that you used on the remote. There are other integrations out there that specifically require this then you can no longer use your remote. Please do not replicate this.

Didn’t do this thankfully, got all of my shades working ok now. 5 required 1 repeat command and the 6th required 2 repeat commands. They’ve been running for a few days now and everything is working great.

1 Like

hello, I have european style controlled blinds - i.e. short press of a button tilts, and long press opens/closes. is there a way how to reverse the logic in the integration?
thanks
Martin

Use Euro Tilt tilt type on the Shade definition.

thanks for the quick response. can you point me where to find the setting?

i have 1 shade set up so far which is fully working in HA but when logging in from the ESP LAN the shade has change to have an image including a red and yellow explanation mark. Does anybody know what this means?

The only change i have made was setting up the My button

This indicates a windy condition. Go to the virtual remote and send a sensor command with windy unchecked.

1 Like