ESP Somfy RTS Integration

Thank you, this worked. Appreciate your work

Iā€™m very late to respond, but ā€œlife.ā€ In any case, thanks for adding support for tilt-only! It works great.

Interesting! Thanks for explaining that.

Thanks for your job, It works perfect for me to control seven battery roller shutters Somfy Sonesse 28 wf rts. Ease to deploy and to integrate with HA.

1 Like

Hello
First off all congratulations for this amazing job done !
Itā€™s works really fine since several week on my project.

Nevertheless there is a stange behavior where Iā€™d like to have your supportā€¦
I have one roller shade that I was able to pair successfully but there is not possible to make it move.

Itā€™s a Somfy product I donā€™t have the part number.
Here the ESPSomfy description :

Do you have any clue ?

Try increasing the number of repeats. It may just be slow to wake up and start listening to the radio.

Changing repeats has no positiv effect.
When I redo the pairing I noticed that the remote link is not working.
I donā€™t know if that can have an impact.

I have to mention also that Iā€™m pairing 2 blinds together since the 2 blinds are combined on my remote. (I already made such pairing without issue on 2 other combined blindsā€¦)

Iā€™d like to have your feedback before to open the case and to disconnect from main in order to pair them separately.

What did you see in the logger after pressing some buttons of your working remote?
Did you see/read the github wiki from the repo?

Thks for your quick reply.

Here the log comming from the working remote :
Bit length is the same

I read a lot of posts here but if there is another helpful link Iā€™d appreciate to have a look.

The link of the wiki is following:
Home Ā· rstrouse/ESPSomfy-RTS Wiki (github.com)

Did the shade jog (quick up/down move) immediately after pressing prog or some time later? (After some time when no prog command is sent, the shade jogs again because he quits paring mode.)

Pairing is OK, shade moving up/dwn immediatly after pressing the prog.
But Link remote is not working

Thks for this link. For sure I red this several time.
I succed to make 12 blinds working except the 2 last that are combined in 1. That really strange because I has no issue for 2 other blinds combined in 1 remote key.

Should I try RTW or RTV protocol ?

RTS is right because the remote shows 56-S :+1:

Are these 2 shades farer away than the others from ESPSomfyRTS? (Or more wallsā€¦?)

Hello
I finaly succeed to operate the 2 blind by changing the adress from 203 to 690883.
I donā€™t why it not working with any adress inside the 16bits range (all other blinds are working well with a 3 digit adressā€¦)

Thks for your support !

Great that you solved it. :+1:
Now that you mention it, I also had a case where a roller shutter didnā€™t accept a remote address. But in my case the pairing also went wrong. At that time I tried to reset the roller shutter to factory settings, which didnā€™t work either. A number next to it worked without any problemsā€¦

yep, itā€™s working but there is now a second strange behaviorā€¦
With HA integration Iā€™m not able to drive all the blinds from the same group together. I need to mention each blinds in the call service tale and even so I need to fire them in 2 calls.
The groupe contains 4 blinds.

When I fire the whole group, some are not working.
The trick a found is the split in 2 launches

First call : contains 3 out of 4 blinds

Second call : contains the last one

fyi : when firing on ESPsomfy page, everything works fine and when Iā€™m firing the groupe, all blinds are moving right

Any clue ?
Thks

I am losing the connection to my screens as soon as HA reboots. If I remove and add the esp rts the screens are available in HA, until the next reboot. This is what the integration was throwing.

2023-12-15 15:39:36.958 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.update] Error while setting up espsomfy_rts platform for update
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 361, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.shield(task)
  File "/config/custom_components/espsomfy_rts/update.py", line 27, in async_setup_entry
    async_add_entities([ESPSomfyRTSUpdateEntity(controller)])
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/espsomfy_rts/update.py", line 41, in __init__
    self._attr_name = f"ESPSomfy RTS {controller.server_id}"
                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/espsomfy_rts/controller.py", line 206, in server_id
    return self.api.server_id
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/espsomfy_rts/controller.py", line 420, in server_id
    return self._config["serverId"]
           ~~~~~~~~~~~~^^^^^^^^^^^^
KeyError: 'serverId'

I believe it was running 2.1.3 and after flashing to 2.2.1 (first the firmware and second the application firmware) the webinterface is only blank. the log shows this

I have a backup, but i am reluctant to flash it freshly. Is there anything else i can do?

Hard refresh your browser or clear the cache. If you are running chrome you can use ctrl+F5

Also, are you using MQTT for anything. If not turn it off as this only steals cycles from the ESP32.

ctrl+f5 does not seem to work. How can i disable mqtt if i cannot access the webinterface?

Your boot sequence looks great and it appears it successfully serves the first couple of client files to the browser but seems to stop there. This seems like some corruption of the file system on the ESP32.

First, lets get a backup from the device.
To do this open a browser and type the following url in the browser bar. http://<ip address of ESPSomfyRTS>/backup and a fresh backup file should show up in your downloads.

Then reflash the firmware and application files. You will need to reconnect to your wifi after that but you will not need to set up your shades or transceiver again.

The backup url gave me a 0byte file. But luckily i got a automatic backup when i wanted to flash the application. So reflashing all, and restoring that backup, fixed my problem. Also the error with the integration in HA seems to be gone. Thanks :slight_smile: