ESP Somfy RTS Integration

I hate those kind of fixes. What things did you try in between inop and op? Did you shake a chicken bone in the air, or spin around 3 times. Maybe hop on one leg. Gotta be something that broke the logjam.

1 Like

I replaced some dupont wires and I also swapped the tx and the rx pins (but I am pretty sure it was the earlier rather than the later). Trying the home assistant component.

I just posted v1.4.2. It now includes support for the 80 bit protocols. If you look at the frame log while activating your remote it should indicate whether we have all the commands.

@rstrouse Everything works great. Only I had to set a higher RX Bandwidth value.
Is it possible to introduce the function of reversing the operation of the roller blind? I have a few pieces that for various reasons work the opposite way.

Powersupply (and therfore mounting) from the left or right side would turn the motor rotation direction.
Do your Up Button moves the blind up or down?
(If down, you could change the direction with the remote. See in the manual of your motor)

This is a power problem. The repair crew swapped the wires. I noticed it too late, when the renovation was finishedā€¦ I donā€™t see the option to change direction in the manual

There are many tutorial/videos/pdfā€™s outside.
For example:

Awesome! Glad it is working. The commands from the remote should be prescriptive. If the remote is backwards then simply changing the travel direction in the motor memory is in order.

The ability to tune the receiver to your environment really helps, especially since most of these devices are not matched to their antenna at the factory. The other thing is when you are in a noisy environment. Dialing in the bandwidth makes the radio a better listener.

Hi rstrouse,

Just wanted to jump in the conversation to thank you for sharing your project.
This was my first time playing with an ESP32 and with your very detailed wiki it was a breeze !
I had to figure out the right pins for my ESP32 board but other than that it went smoothy.
Iā€™m super happy with the Home Assistant integration as well !

Thanks a lot for your work ! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Iā€™m so glad it is all working well. As I learn more I will try to keep all that documentation up to date.

1 Like
Hi, I'm very interested in the somfy rts custom Integration 
but coud not find the integration in hacs. 
Did all of you here installed the integration buy copying the custom components folder 
or is it me who is not able to find it?
I hope someone could help me here. Thanks

Hello,
you have to integrate the link of the repo (https://github.com/rstrouse/ESPSomfy-RTS) in the HACS. Then it shows up.
Regards

Thanks for the Help found it

1 Like

I have only one ā€œissueā€ - I canā€™t find any ā€œDonateā€ link to buy you a few beverages of your choosing. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This project is fantastic and saves people from buying into a buggy Tahoma or Connexoon for at least ten times the cost. Thank you so much.

3 Likes

Just happy you found some utility in it.

Thanks for all your work on this @rstrouseā€¦ just getting my hardware set up now. Everything looks fine, but I donā€™t get an RTS signal from the remote (and hence nothing in the logs). Any tips for troubleshooting? I did wonder if it might be a pin-out issue as my ESP-WROOM-32 has a slightly different board to use, but I mapped it against yours and the radio seems to be enabled.

Make sure GDO0 and GDO2 are assigned to TX and RX respectively.

Hmmmā€¦ pretty sure I have, but still nothingā€¦ this is the pinout Iā€™m using (Iā€™ve overlain your usual connections):

This is a screenshot of the setup interface:

Sortedā€¦ had pin 8 and pin 4 (both with blue wired) switch! Thanks so much for the awesome project!

Yep that will do it. Glad you got it sorted!