ESP Somfy RTS Integration

Just wanted to say thank you @rstrouse. Im brand new to HA and figured there was no way I’d be able to figure this out and it would be way over my head. First try and I’ve got all my blinds setup. Seamless setup. So glad I found your post instead of buying a $250 Tahoma hub. Thanks again!

1 Like

It really is pretty easy to get it going. I’m happy you were able to make it work for you!

Version 1.5.3 has been released. There have been quite a few enhancements since the start of the project. Among them are the following:

1. Improved transmit and receive algorithms. As it turns out some motors needed a different pulse width to synchronize the frames. This has been adjusted for better communication
  2. Greater receive filters to eliminate spurious frames from nearby interference. The original firmware didn’t reject frames that passed the checksum, this resulted in some good frames being dropped while it processed the garbage.
  3. Added support for integrated as well separate tilt motors.
  4. Backup and restore capability
  5. Processing for 80-bit remotes with a tilt wheel or nudge wheel whichever you prefer to call it.
  6. Improved retry for misbehaving MQTT brokers if you are using them. NOTE: MQTT is not required or desired for Home Assistant integration.
  7. Of course there have been mitigation for many undesired pest features (not bugs).

So if you have not updated your firmware and application now would be a good time to do so.

2 Likes

Version 1.6.0 has been released. Good news for users of some Somfy clone motors that use the RTW protocol. ESPSomfy RTS now supports this protocol and if you have a combination of RTS and RTW motors you can use both on a single ESPSomfy RTS device.

Simply select the RTS or RTW protocol for the motor and it will speak in the specified tongue for each motor.

5 Likes

What a great project. Also had a great laugh going through your instructions. Seems like besides being a handy programmer you have a great sense of humour as well. :rofl:

Couldn’t get it to work at first. TX and RX are the opposite in the app (default) as to what is instructed in the hardware section for the ‘ESP-WROOM-32/ESP32S Models’. So had to swap these around. But all working great in the end.

Great stuff! Very much appreciated, Rstrouse!!

Thanks! You can’t even have a funeral without starting with fun.

1 Like

Thank you for this great project!
I am currently setting up all required things. The ESP32 and CC1101 are configured and ready to add my motors.

Now i tried to add the repository to HACS and get this error

How can this error solved?

The correct url is https://github.com/rstrouse/ESPSomfy-RTS-HA

Your are trying to load the device firmware as the Home Assistant integration.

Jesus Christ i was so focused to read all docu about wiring and connecting the ESP anc CC1101 that i forgot to read again the HA Integration docu.
:+1:t2:

No worries. By now you should be opening and closing your shades in Home Assistant. If not let me know and I will assist.

I have a problem with just one blind. I can reach all my blinds except one. I‘ve positioned the CC1101 as close as possible to the blind which is not responding but when i click one button on the remote i see no feedback in the log.

Do you have an idea what can be the issue?

Rstrouse, thank you for this awesome work!!!

That is an odd one. Does the remote move the blind? Is this a mult-channel remote or a single channel remote?

Afaik EspSomfy should be closer to the remote to improve reading the remote, instead of closer to the blind. If the blind has a better antenna, it might read what espsomfy can’t.

In this case ESPSomfy is closer to the remote as to the blind but does not catch the signal from the remote. ESPsomfy has only a distance of 50cm to the remote

Yes the remote moves the blind. The remote is a Smoove Origin RTS.

Just for shucks flip that remote over and see if it says IO or RTS on it. There is a version that is IO not RTS pure.

You can also post a picture of it and I might be able to tell.

I have in total 8 remotes from that type and all are working except this only one.

This should work just fine. Perhaps replace the battery. It is odd that we are seeing no responses. I the RTS try increasing the RX bandwidth a little bit at a time to see if it starts seeing a signal. This remote may just be a little bit out of tolerance.