ESP Somfy RTS Integration

If the url is used as you mentioned, the error appears that the firmware cannot be found in the repo., this on the other hand works
http://192.168.0.200/downloadFirmware?ver=v2.3.0

I needed to this with v2.3.1. It came back after the update, but the interface did not show any blinds. Refreshing the browser, inprivate mode and even another browser did not helpt. After using your url, i got the blinds back. HA already reported everything being ok, so the api seemed to be functioning properly, it was the webinterface which was empty.

Sorry about the typo. Glad you got it working!

I have never had this happen but will keep an eye out because it has happened a couple of times to others. It’s gotta be connection or redirect related.

Hi, I signed up to THANK you @rstrouse for this amazing integration. It is fully functional and the tutorial is ultra-hyper-extra complete, clear and fun to read!
I have already setup my 5 somfy RTS shutter individually; they’ve been working for a week flawlessly, including the automation to auto-open/close at dawn/dusk.

I am now passing into groups creation and I have a question: I have already a somfy RTS Telis16 (not chrono) multichannel remote where I have already programmed 6 groups (each group-channel of the Telis16, stores and commands multiple single motors at a single button press). Could I program this remote’s channels to transfer them into the espsomfy so that I avoid recreating them out of each individual motor?
If yes, then do I add each group-channel of the Teli16 in the ESPsomfy as a “single shutter” like I did for each motor (the difference being that the remote channel is a multiple motor) or as a group shutter ?
thanks !

While that will move the shades, it is incorrect. The individual positions will not be retained. However you should link the group channel from the Telis using the Link Remote button. Then whenever the group moves ESPSomfy RTS will know.

Happy grouping.

Hi, I just updated to the new version (I think it was 2.1.x before). When I did the manual OTA firmware update, it completely hanged. So I proceeded to flash the full update over USB, configured wifi over the internal access point, and then it completely hang again.

It took me a while to realise you added Github firmware updates, and I blocked the device from internet… So I enabled internet access again, rebooted, and voila! It was operational again and I could upload the backup I had.

Though I appreciate the thought of the device being able to update itself through Github, I’d rather stick to it being disconnected from the internet as I do with most IOT devices. Is it possible to change it so it is able to boot and function function normally when internet is down?

Thanks! I experimented quiet a bit over the past couple of days to figure out how to finally link a talis16 group channel to the respective espsomfy group. It turned out that 1/,the linking is done at a shutter level and not at the group menu and 2/ a group channel of the Telis16 needs to be linked multiple times, i.e. link the same channel to every member of the individual shutters of the group in espsomfy. It now works fine.
The only remaining problem is that for some unknown reason a couple of Telis single-Chanel remotes are quite stubborn and refuse to link to the corresponding shutter created in the espsomfy (the latter one does not ready it), Any idea why this happens and how to fix it ?

One final remark: when a remote is not linked with espsomfy shutter, obviously it moves the shutter without the espsomfy tracking its position, eg I fully open a shutter with a telis remote and the espsomfy shows it as closed (no animation of the shutter icon); however, when I switch the control to espsomfy to ask to open the (already open) shutter, it only executes the icon animation opening it (virtually) instead of acting on the physical shutter! In other words, the fact of not linking a remote (thus not knowing the position) does not cause overdriving the limit up/down (full open/full close) positions of the motor. Magically, the motor stops at the extremes without risk of damage. This is kind of bizarre (?)

Nah I wish it were some sort of magical thing but ESPSomfy RTS is as smart as it can be with the endstops. It is simply acting like it should with the command structure. Even if you forget to tell it that a remote exists the worst that can happen is that it is unaware that the movement occurred.

Yes that is the case in that the software simply tries to ask whether there is an update available. Unfortunately, it is supposed to timeout and move on when the interweb is not available. But there is a bug in the ESP32 core where the timeout is not honored so it sits around looking like a paperweight.

I will be removing this function in v2.3.2 to alleviate yours and my pain for something that should just work. It should not matter if the internet exists any more than two devices within the same network are talking over http.

But apparently, the esp32 core has some sort of bug where it at least needs a response. Kinda just defeats the purpose of a timeout. The idea of such a thing is that the client can then say to itself that “oh they must be in the bathroom right now and I will check back later.” Not continue to ring the phone and destroy the peace even if the phone is unplugged.

Anyhow the pre-release v2.3.2 does not check this on startup and over the next couple of days will not ever check it again.

1 Like

Thank you for your time and effort creating, documenting, and maintaining this system/solution. I have implemented many different GitHub projects over the past few years and I believe this is the most comprehensive solution I have seen. I just finished my ESPSomfy RTS implementation today, including integration with HA.

Is there a way that I can offer my thanks, via PayPal, etc?

THANKS!

No need. Just give the repo a star if you haven’t already so others understand that it is legit.

Has the repository been moved for HA integration? Message from HACS when I clicked on:

https://my.home-assistant.io/redirect/hacs_repository/?owner=rstrouse&repository=espsomfy-rts-ha

Nope your link just worked fine for me.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I will investigate further but suspect it may have something to do with the fact that I am running two HA instances in my LAN.

If you have HACS installed you can simply go to the HACS dashboard and click the three dots at the upper right. Then choose Custom Repositories. Enter https://https://github.com/rstrouse/ESPSomfy-RTS-HA in the Repository field and select Integration as the category. When done press add. After that it will show up in the list and from there you can now install it.

Open an issue on the github repository. This forum is not designed to track an issue.

After the latest update the diagnostic sensors for wifi went “the integration is no longer providing… Delete if unused”. Tried reloading integration and removing and adding it back, but it just added it back minus the wifi sensors. Any idea how to get them back?

I found the issue will be releasing a fix for this today.

Just got the hardware today and went through the entire installation. Took about three hours total including debugging all my errors.
wonderful work!

THe only thing I was not able to confirm is the “MY” button on the virtual remote. But even wit that, its a wonderful integration

1 Like

Ok, I looked all over the documentation and could not find how to configure the “my” button, can anyone pint me in the right direction?

Here you go