ESP Somfy RTS Integration

man, do I feel dense now :slight_smile:

hi,

Iā€™m gettimg ā€œError opening fileā€ after flashing the ESP32 with SomfyController.ino.esp32.bin and connecting to http://192.168.4.1 (conneced to the ESPSomfy RTS AP).
Iā€™m using ESP-32 -WROOM-32 BOARD

what im doing wrong?

Thank you,

Download the SomfyController.onboard.esp32.bin.zip file from the release. Unzip it then flash with that file. This file contains all that is needed to get started. The file you flashed only contains the firmware code and none of the application code.

1 Like

Thank You!

Hi all, a quick question to be sure:

Iā€™'m planning on buying some Somfy tilt and lift 25 RTS units for making my no so smart blinds smarter. Do I understand correclty that this integrations is the only thing I need for connecting these motors? I connect the motor directly to this integration?

Well another very happy customer - this works better than the original integration. Thanks & Enjoy

1 Like

@miesjel

The integration is in two parts. You first need a low cost radio that is very inexpensive and easy to assemble. If you donā€™t solder you can used readily available push on Dupont connections. The wiki will guide you through it step by step.

I understood that part, was just looking for confirmation that i donā€™t need another bridge besides this integration en hardware solution.

Thanks!

Nope no other bridge is required.

Just wanted to post a thank you, this whole project is amazing! Well documented, easy to put together and works great.

1 Like

Hi,

I have a V3 Nodemcu-CH340
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005005977505151.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.11.41d75e5b22ztwx&gatewayAdapt=glo2fra

I have installed version ā€œSomfyController.onboard.esp32.binā€ with https://web.esphome.io/

I donā€™t see the ESPSomfy RTS SSID network

I have try with files ā€œSomfyController.onboard.esp32c3.binā€ and ā€œSomfyController.onboard.esp32s3.binā€, the result is the same

Thanks fr your feedback

That is not an ESP32 it is an ESP8266 and will not work.

Can you give me a reference of ESP32 please ?

If you are using Ali then simply type ESP32 in the search bar and it will come up with lots of options.

You can use any of the following.

ESP32-WROOM-32
ESP32 S2 (mini also)
ESP32 S3 (mini also)
ESP32 C3 (mini also)

I have found a ESP32-WROOM-32

now i can configure on this ESP32, integration with HA is done, tomorrow i will configure my shades with.
Thanks for your help and quick response.

One question,

is it compatible with this remote (I/O) ?

thanks

No this integration is for 433mhz RTS motors.

Hello, First of all, congratulations for the project, the follow-up and the didactic side. Itā€™s very impressive. Iā€™m starting with home assistant, a rasberry5 and RTS shutters. I encounter a problem during the integration with HACS <Integration rstrouse/ESPSomfy-RTS> Repository structure for v2.4.0 is not compliant A new version problem perhaps or I missed a step? thank you for all your work, I admire it. I only know how to copy

@PauloGithub33 You are trying to install the firmware repository as the integration.

The integration is https://github.com/rstrouse/ESPSomfy-RTS-HA

1 Like

Hi, First of let me say exelent work @rstrouse :slight_smile:

I have been using this guide before but now found your project and it is mutch bether to have feedback and also when ran from other remotes.

Hoever i have some blinds that i do not think position/tilt status is supported as is 100% correct?

I have 7 Vertical Blinds by Benthin using the RTS protocol and am able to use your system. But the tilt does not go to 0 or 100% on the position travel but only 30%(Closing) and 70%(Opening). They only tilt to 0 and 100% when the position is at 100%.

There is a total of 6 positions and 7 steps on a round trip, example from shortest blind:

1. Position: 100%. Tilt: 70%. Parked at end position when running up on remote.

2. Position: 100%. Tilt: 30%. Pressing Down moves blinds from position 1-2 (Tilt moves from 70% to 30%) 5.23sec

3. Position: 0%. Tilt: 30%. From position 2-3 (Position moves from 0% to 100% ) 7,17sec

4. Position: 0%. Tilt: 0%. From position 3-4 (Tilt moves from 30% to 0%) This is the end position when pressing down on remote 2,3sec

5. Position: 0%. Tilt: 100%. Pressing Up on remote moves blinds from position 4-5 (Tilt moves from 0% to 100%) 7,59sec

6. Position: 0%. Tilt: 70%. From position 5-6 (Tilt moves from 100% to 70%) 2,07sec.

7. Position: 100%. Tilt: 70% From position 6 -1 (Position moves from 0% to 100%) 7,08sec

Is there a way to get that integrated?

Manual for the blinds here.

Manual for the IQ2 motor here.

Can upload a video of the blinds in operation if that helps any.