ESP Somfy RTS Integration

Ok, i will replace the battery but must first order one. Not a typical battery type which is in stock at home :slight_smile:

Just another question. The Remote address for a blind should be just a 6 digit unique number right?

I think I found battery replacements at Walgreens. Everybody stocks the 2450s but the 2480s are scarce.

The remote address for a blind can be any number between 1 and 16,777,216. It just needs to be unique within the listening area. ESPSomfy RTS assigns a unique address when you attempt to add the blind. In any case it should hear that remote regardless of whether a blind exists for it.

1 Like

Yet another question. My plan is to replace the HA Overkiz Cloud Integration with your local solution.
The Overkiz Integration offers a My Position Button

Is it possible to add such a Button to your Integration?

Bildschirmfoto 2023-05-31 um 20.44.32

It already exists. When you press the stop button and the shade is at rest it will go to the my position. You can also set the my position in the interface by selecting both tilt and lift.

Ok, thats working, but when i use the stop button to move the blind to the my position i am not able to open the blind. The up button to open it remains grey as in the picture in my previous post.

When i use the down button to move the blind some percentage and stop it then the up arrow appears in white and i can open the blind. Thats working.

When you do that are you not seeing the blind position moving in HA?

What is showing as the percentage of open in HA when look at the details. Is it showing 100% open.

I can control the blind using the up/down and stop button without issues and percentage is displayed.
But when i use the Stop Button to move the blind to the My Position the Up Button remains grey and i am not able to move the blind up to fully open. Marked in red in my screenshot.

Blind Button Not Working

I’ve replaced the battery this morning but unfortunately the remote is not recognized. Really odd as all other remote are detected. What should i do next? Increase RX value? In which steps?

Did you record the my position with ESPSomfy RTS first?

To do this move the shade full up then press and hold the my button in the ESPSomfy RTS screen. It should show a slider with a button that say Set My Position. Move the slider to the desired My position then press the Set My Position button. The shade will move to that position then after a few seconds it will jog to indicate that it stored the position. From here on out they will remain in sync. You will be able to set the my position with the remote and with ESPSomfy RTS.

This is very odd. Start with increments of 30kHz. Press Save Radio button in between each change.

Thanks for the short guideline. I’ve performed the steps. When i push now the My Button vie ESP Webinterface the status of the blind is also updated in HA. So i am able to open the blind from that position in HA.
But when i push the My Button via Remote the Status in HA is not updated so i am not able to open it look. Means they are not synced?

Yes it means they are not synced. Perform the steps I outlined above and verify that the shade had a short jog after moving to the position. Try a position that is different than the current my position you have set as Somfy will jog to both set the my position as well as un-set it.

Also, did you link your remote to the shade in ESPSomfy RTS?

Yes the remote is linked and i have performed the outlined steps. And from what i have seen it worked. So the blind jogged once i‘ve set the new My Position.

I‘ve done additional tests and basically it looks like that everything is working and synced regardless if i send a command via Web Interface, HA or Remote. But at least when i use the remote i observed that not all commands are submitted to ESPSomfy.

For example when i move the blind to the My Position via Remote the status is updated in HA. But sometimes when i push the up button to open the blind again the blind moves but the status is not updated.

I’ve tweaked the frequenzy and finally found one which covers also the remote i was not able to add before!

Thanks again for your patience and support!

Really, really nice project and development and HA Integration. I like it very much and finally i can cut my cloud connection with the Tahoma Box!

I am glad you got it working. I have seen a few cases where the antenna tuning from the remotes are just a bit off. The ability to tweak the bandwidth often covers the manufacturing differences and allows you to tune it in. It is also great in that it can help reduce interference in cases where the radio has noisy neighbors.

In the next release I will even allow you to tweak the base frequency. Those folks with an SDR can really zero in and tune their radio. I have had reports where some remotes are sending on 433.38 or 433.43.

The next release will also include features for awnings and wind/sun sensors.

Sounds great and i have also a sun sensor. Can you estimate when the next release will be available?

I am hoping this weekend. Which sun sensor do you have? Is it the one tied to the wind sensor?

Its an older sun only sensor

Somfy Sunis Wirefree RTS

If your new release cover also this older model i can do a test

Hmmm. We are testing with a Soliris. I will need some outputs to get that to work.