ESP Somfy RTS Integration

Yes, i‘ve added the sensor via link remote to the blind.

I mean is the blind paired with the Sunis as per the commissioning section of the manual? The Sunis should be moving the blind when the up or down is sent.

Yes, i am using this sensor since 10 years. May be i have deleted the sensor from the motor as i have repeated the steps two days ago after i have set a new my position.

So why would ESPSomfy RTS show it opening and closing but the blind isn’t moving? Do you see the up/down commands when the blind moves up or down?

I dont know but this happened recently in the demo mode. Let me try it tomorrow again. My guess is i have unpaired the sensor from the motor.

That would make sense. If the blind prog button has been pressed then you press the prog on the sensor it will unpair if it is already paired.

I‘ve paired the sensor again and the motors are moving again in demo mode. But in demo the blinds are fully closed and does not move to the my position configured in ESPSomfy RTS.

I need to see the logs. If you can open an issue in the Github repository that would be great. For this to work you need to have linked the sensor to the motor in ESPSomfy RTS.

To be honest it‘s weird. The sensor works again with my motors and the blinds are moving to the my position. But once the sensor triggers the motor and they are in the my position it‘s not sown in ESPSomfy. ESPSomfy still shows fully open and not that they are at the my position. And yes the sensor is added to each blind which should be triggered by the sensor.

And to provide logs is sometimes hard in particular when the sensor should write logs. Logs are only written when the log dialog is open.

Is there an option to change this that logs are continiously written for events?

Unfortunately, there is not an option to constantly write the logs. This is because ESPSomfy RTS deliberately does not write these to flash. Open another browser and leave it open. I need to see those logs when the sensor moves the blind.

Also did you set a my position in ESPSomfy RTS for those blinds that are moving? The motors do not report that position so it will need to be set from ESPSomfy RTS by holding down on the my button until the my position setter is opened.

Ya, i set the my position already after i added my motors. Is it necessary to set it again because i linked the sun sensor to the ESPSomfy device after i set the my position in ESPSomfy?

Not necessary to reset it. I just need the logs. If this is anything like the Sun/Wind sensor it doesn’t really command the motor. It indicates whether there is sun and performs the operation based on that.

Thank you for your patience. At the end its working. The bottleneck is actually the range of the sun sensor. The CC1101 must be very close to the sensor to get the status updates in case the sensor triggers the motors to have the right status. So i must find a good position to cover all motors over two floors.

Therefore i am thinking about to replace the sun sensor and use just a available Zigbee motion sensor with the integrated Illuminance as trigger.

I guess they expect the sun sensor to sit on the window right below the motor. More TX power means more battery usage so I guess that must be the trade-off.

In my climate I could simply do this from a weather report with a little bit of logic. You could also employ more than one ESPSomfy RTS device. They will co-exist happily and might even become friends.

1 Like

Ok so there is another jam packed release for the ESPSomfy RTS firmware. Today I present to you, the Awning. This is complete with the ability to link your sun/wind sensor and have it detect the sun and wind to retract or extend it.

I have not forgotten you more vertical folks either. You may now make target changes for lift and tilt in the middle of a lift and/or tilt. In the past if you made a tilt change while lifting it would stop the lift and begin the tilt. Now it will complete each operation even if you have an integrated tilt mechanism.

There have also been improvements related to the setting and unsetting of the my position as well as general code cleanup. For you folks with way too much time on your hands (also known as people who tinker with RTL-SDR) you can now adjust the base carrier frequency in the radio settings to really zero in on the signals out there.

So what are you waiting for, update your ESPSomfy RTS devices to v1.7.0 and while you are at it update the Home Assistant component to v1.1.1.

1 Like

Hi rstrouse,
Thanks for this new release !
I just successfully updated the firmware.
When updating the application tho, the loading wheel was spinning forever so at some point I refreshed the page thinking it was stuck. And now I cannot access the interface anymore. I tried rebooting (unplug/plug) the ESP32 but no luck. What would be the best way now to fix the problem ? Should I plug it to my computer with a usb cable ? And if so, what should I do from here ? :innocent: Thanks for your help !!

If you scan nearby wifi networks, is there one named ESPSomfy RTS? If there is connect to it and type http://192.168.4.1 into a browser. Then set up the wifi agian.

Is it possible to connect a Somfy Centralis Uno RTS?

As long as it is the RTS version I do not see why not. I don’t have one but from what I read it is simply a control unit that switches the up/down legs on the motor just like the controller embedded on an RTS motor.

There is a dumb version of this floating around out there that does not have a radio though.

1 Like

Unfortunately no… No ESP wifi. I tried the default http and the .local one. and none are working. Can I reupload the app update somehow when connected by USB ?

Edit: Via esphome.io I managed to download the log which gives me this:

Launching web server…
Creating Web MicroServices…
WiFi Mode: 0
Scanned 4 Networks…
*0: *(network name etc…)
1: (network name etc…)
2: (network name etc…)
3: (network name etc…)
Connecting to AP
Set hostname to:ESPSomfyRTS
***E (14049) wifi:Association refused temporarily, comeback time 1024 mSec

Successfully Connected to WiFi!!! (IP address) (-70dbm)
MDNS Responder Started: serverId=84AED8
Connected to SSDP
SSDP Client Started…
App Version:1.7.0
No longer using NVS
Reading header at 0
version:8 len:16 size:236 recs:32 pos:16
Applying radio settings Setting Data Pins RX:13 TX:12
Setting SPI Pins SCK:18 MISO:19 MOSI:23 CSN:5
Radio Pins Configured!
Successfully set up the radio
Enabling receive on Pin #13
Initializing RX Queue
Loading file index.html
Loading file main.css

Is this the problem : E (14049) wifi:Association refused temporarily, comeback time 1024 mSec ?