ESP Somfy RTS Integration

Yes that is the problem. The router is issuing an ip address but it is refusing to allow association to the device. I have seen some responses out there where unplugging the ESP for a few minutes and rebooting the router allows it to reconnect. But I do not know what would cause the refusal.

Do you by chance happen to have 802.11b enabled on your router? If you do I have read this can cause delays in connecting devices. At this point it is very likely that you do not have any of these types of devices.

I had a glimpse of hope when you mentioned the 802.11b wifi as I had to disable the 5Ghz wifi at some point to make some smart stuff work on my network. I played around with disabling 5Ghz, rebooting, unplugging etc, nothing works. Loading EspSomfyRTS.local takes ages but I ended up getting this interface (see screenshot). But can’t do much from there. At this point I’m starting to think I should restart from scratch. I have the automatic backup. Can I use it once flashed ? I won’t loose my settings ? Thanks !

No you will not lose your settings for your shades but you will need to set up MQTT if you have enabled it and set up the radio. Your screenshot looks like it is not loading the files off the device.

BTW: The interface is very light and should load in a second or two.

Is it possible to have the same blind paired with both? I have remotes on three floors, all capable of controlling the same blinds, but not all remotes are visible to my ESPSomfy. Splitting things up would only work if the devices would somehow sync. I guess it could be done through HA by syncing virtual blinds with actually linked ones, but is there a better way?

Yes simply link the remotes. Do not forget ESPSomfy RTS acts like 32 remotes in one box.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply but I still don’t understand. That means the same blind should be present in both ESP Somfy devices, to be able to link the remote to it, right? Do I link both to the screen as well? How do both know it is actually the same physical blind, so the state is synchronized?

This is one of the best documented and great projects I know! thanks for createing and the great support!

Based on ESPSonfy I created a automation and lovelace card, I hope that I can help and inspire others: GitHub - remb0/Sunscreen: Sunscreen-Awning project

1 Like

That is awesome! I love when folks make things even better.

The abysmal range of the Somfy remote makes this a bit of a challenge. While you can link two ESPSomfy RTS devices to the same shade and using them for control would most likely not be an issue. However, the lateritic transmission power of the remote may not make it all the way to the second ESPSomfyRTS device.

Hmmm… I wonder if there may be a meshing potential here over the local network. Let me think about where the outer limits of our little MCU might be. It’s a remarkable little device but it has its limits (spoken like somebody who is soft in the middle and hard on top).

It may not be needed to change much, if anything. At first I thought I need to sync blinds in two two ESPSomfy instances both ways. But you saying mesh it sprung to mind I only need to treat some blinds as a remote only. So not link then to the real blind, but just do a one way sync and send every command the blind sees to the real blind through HA.

Thanks for this great project, it is awsome.

Hello,

I’m trying to install ESP Somfy RTS.

I have connected the CC1101 as shown below to an ESP32 Wroom 32U.

But when I connect I get radio not initialized

Thanks for your help

This is most likely a wiring issue with the transceiver. Make sure your pin numbers for the transceiver are correct as there are different versions of the CC1101 transceivers out there. Is this an E07-M1101D or is it a DSUN or something else?

The Radio not Initialized message is cleared when the ESP32 can write the enable flag to the radio and it returns back that it is enabled.

It’s a E07-M1101D

Also, swap the settings you have for RX and TX. According to your mapping you have GDO0/TX connected to GPIO-13 and GDO2/RX connected to GPIO-12.

Pay close attention to the pin mapping on the E07-M1101D when you flip it over to hook up your connections the pin numbers are reversed. Pin 1 is marked on the top so it is on the left but when you flip it over it is on the right.

It’s ok with this

Many thanks

Short of the mis-spelling on the CSN pin that is a pretty good graphic. Perhaps I need to make a similar one.

EDIT: Then again maybe that is the chicken pin.

1 Like

@rstrouse , is the 3d box enclosure for Esp somfy RTS ?

Yes another user created two versions one for the Devkit and one for the LilyGo T-Internet POE.