ESP32 based 4-in-1 multisensor with IR remote and BLE capability

seems to me it would be desirable to leave a few pins exposed for people to add whatever they like by way of sensors, or even a couple of grove connectors for a no solder solution.

@R4m80 @nickrout At first I thought of adding a PIR, but since I didnā€™t test any sensors and wanted to keep the board as small as possible, I left this idea aside for now.
For sure in a second board revision I could add a PIR and a grove connector (I had not thought of the grove connector, thanks for the idea), but before proceeding with these things I still have to wait to receive the boards and test that everything works.

2 Likes

Interesting projectā€¦ following for updates.

following!

Any update on selling the boards? Iā€™m very interested

1 Like

I was going to try to do something similar but why reinvent the wheel. I would love to hear more about your progress.

Sorry for the long inactivity but between university studies and the situation of the last months the development of this project has slowed down.
The last (hopefully) revision is now in the production phase and I am waiting to receive it for testing.
The board has been completely redesigned, all the components are now on one side only to facilitate assembly, it should be easier for those who want to try to make one, and a PIR sensor has been added as proposed by some of you.
Unfortunately the CO2 sensor has been removed as it is too expensive (more than the cost of the whole board and components) and for other small problems. I tested some other integrated sensors like BME680, CCS811 and SGP30 but with not enough satisfactory results. I decided to remove this sensor for now but I am willing to integrate it again in case I find a valid option in the future. The IR sensors and transmitters were also removed as the range of the chosen transmitters was not sufficient and required the board to be aligned and positioned very close to the receiver.

Regarding the request to produce and sell these boards, Iā€™m still considering how to do it since unfortunately I donā€™t have the time to assemble and test the boards by hand. I have just ordered a small batch of already assembled boards to test the service. If everything works as planned I should be able to make larger orders in the future and sell them through Tindie. I will keep you updated on this.

Hereā€™ s a little spoiler of the new board

Once received and tested the first prototypes I will share the project and more information with you.

3 Likes

That looks awesome. Cant wait for your feedback on how it runs and hopefully you would be able to sell these fully assembled boards on Tindie. Well done with your project.

Any updates on this? :slight_smile:

Since the design has changed slightly from what I initially thought, I created a new thread to make it a little more clear.

New thread
GitHub repository of the project

1 Like