ESP32-Cam = Cam & BLE Tracker possible?

is it possible to use the ESP32-Cam as a cam and a BLE tracker simultaneously? I suppose you can, because they are simply to components.

Does anybody have tried it?

No reason it would not work as BLE tracker is internal, no needs of GPIO for that :wink:

There is already a thread about this, and I think a good reason was stated why it probably will not work.

Moral: search before asking :slight_smile:

1 Like

Obviously this is an old post, however, I have the esp32 cam working with the ble tracking. Nevertheless, I am still learning the best way to implement ble tracking with HA and Esphome

Anyone else get this working? Mine just immediately start boot looping when I try to enable the ble tracker.

There is already a thread about this, and I think a good reason was stated why it probably will not work.

Moral: search before asking

Yeah I’m hunting for that thread but can’t find it. I’ll keep looking.

2 Likes

I’m going to be more helpful.

No, the ESP32-CAM device simply won’t work if you add both esp32_ble_tracker and esp32_camera sections to your YAML. Sorry.

How do I know this?

Because I literally tried this 5 minutes ago. It doesn’t work.

Huge bummer, but that’s okay, M5STACK is sending me their device to do BLE proxying soon.

Those who arrive and search for the holy thread mentioned here, I believe it’s this: ESP32CAM & BLE: Error: The program size is greater than maximum allowed - #5 by CoolDuke

1 Like