ESP32 Cam - working!

Looking at that firmware is it possible to flash that using ESPHome or do I need to pull out the FTDI programmer again?

Right now I have the cam working with ESPHome and it is in place where I want it but I can easily pull it apart if I needed just wondering if it is possible to not do that.

1 Like

Hass.io Addon’s are already docker images so if you want improvements you’d need to move MotionEye to another pi (or move everything to a real server)

Nice, I’ll try this.

To flash this firmware you have to use FTDI programmer and I used Arduino IDE for this.

Good day! Does anyone have problems with the module? Somewhere after 10 minutes of work the signal from the camera disappears although the backlight and other sensors work! Only a reboot helps! The module in the picture!esp32

Thanks for the tipp, its working greate with motion eye. Now I just need to find out, how I can integrate the camera feed as camera component in HA to expose it’s to the deepstack AI compontent.

you’ll have to be specific. The picture doesn’t identify it. What exactly is it?

In HA in in Lovelace map with camera with esp32-cam either shows a grey squared or map quite disappears, and menu integration under choosing cameras is a popup window color themes HA! the loss of the camera occurs from 10 minutes to an hour sometimes 1.5 hours!

Map? What card is that?

Lovelas

type: picture-entity
entity: camera.bedroom
image: 'https://www.home-assistant.io/images/merchandise/shirt-frontpage.png'
aspect_ratio: 75%
camera_image: camera.bedroom
name: камера коридор
camera_view: live

lower the resolution and/or framerate

Hi! I had the same problem. I got the cam working 24/7 with board type set to ‘esp32dev’ in ESPHome yaml:

esphome:
  platform: ESP32
  board: esp32dev
2 Likes

Is there a way to force the camera to stream somehow?

I use one as doorbell camera and currently the idle_framerate is set as default to 0.1fps meaning that in order to be sure I’ve got a picture of someone at the door I need to wait 10 seconds before doing the screenshot.

I know that I could increase the idle_framerate but that would mean it was capturing all the time. If I could simply make it briefly stream from within an automation it would capture at 10fps (again, the default) for a short time which seems much more efficient to me.

EDIT: In the absence of anything else I decided to do a browser_mod popup on my hall panel. Works perfectly :slight_smile:

Thank you all for the advice but unfortunately the problem does not go away! Another question, is it possible to make a software reboot of the module? and how?

Thank you very much!

Amigo.subo el archivo yaml al esp32cam perfecto .pero no se conecta a la red

1 Like

Amigo.yo subo el arxhivo yamlal esp32cam perfecto. Pero no apareceen mi red.dicen que puede ser la alimentacion. E probado con varias fuentes de 5v y nada

Amigo que tipo de fuente usas para alimentar el esp32cam?

English please.

2 Likes