ESP32 IR Blaster (Transmitter/Receiver) - Long Range

I wanted a fully local IR blaster to replace my RM4s for a long time and after fiddling with off-the-shelf solutions and infrared breakout boards I gave up and made this :slight_smile:

Custom ESP32 board, has 9 Infrared Transmitters and 4 Receivers for super long range so I’m struggling to find a place where the signal won’t be picked up by my TV etc right now :smiley:

I plan to swap the wifi antenna for a smaller one but this is all I have right now

I may end up with one or two spare units if anyone in the UK is interested…

board_top
board_back

6 Likes

That’s a nice board. Sort of interested and UK based. At the moment I have an old harmony hub that I know is end of days but still need it for a 20 year old amp

2 Likes

Send me a DM if you’re interested, I can send you one if you pay for the postage :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great project - appreciate you sharing! I’m trying to adapt an ESP32-C6/Matter-based communication to an IR blaster.

Any suggestions for an easy-to-adapt to ESP32/ESPHome IR blaster? I see the Tayu Smart IR Controller mentioned, however, my only source is AliExpress, and that’s going to take a while to arrive to the states.

Thanks!

I’m afraid I haven’t got any alternative suggestions otherwise I wouldn’t have made this one…

I think these athom ones are available in the US but I have seen very mixed results with them: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005772315510.html

If there were a few more people interested in my one in the US I could definitely send a small order over to someone to distribute there…