This is my first “project” that I’m want to share with with the HA community.
It is still work in progress but when my pool is finished in spring it should be ready to control most of the functions foreseen.
The poolcontroller is supposed to:
- Measure PH and ORP and run up to 4 peristaltic dosing pumps.
- Measure water level of pool and surge tank and control 2 independent pumps using Modbus controlled VFD’s.
- Control another VFD attached to the hydro flow system, user control with reed switches
- Measure water pressure ahead of the filter to judge filter condition.
- Measure temperature values of water and air to control solar heating and electrical heating
- Measure/control cabinet temperature with small PTC heater
- Observe levels of chlorine and ph-minus using scale modules
- Additional power outputs for pool light, solar pump, …
- Simple user interface to envoke test and calibration functions.
I have designed a PCB around an ESP Module, stepper drivers and INA219 modules mainly.
To run the 4 steppers i have written a small custom device.
The Modbus controlled VFD driver has been started but not tested yet.
The pressure sensor, PH sensor, ORP sensor, … are attached to 4-20mA channels
Waterlevels will be measured by low cost Lidar devices attached to I²C (not tested yet).
The user interface will be done using a 2.8" SPI touchdisplay and LVGL library.
The HA automation part is still unclear as some features seem to be missing or have not been discovered yet. I installed influx-DB to keep track of historic data and base calculations on long term mean-values. In the beginning I will have to learn when and how to add chemicals depending on temperature, season, swimming activity, …
Maybe some of you find the project appealing and if you have suggestions and questions I will be glad.