ESP32 S3 Box3

Yes, temp, voice and presence all working

Maybe try cleaning build files. It helped me several times

Tried that and various other things I can think of, also including deleting Esphome Addon.

If there another way of Installing with going through the link?

would you mind to share your whole yaml please ?
also did you change settings on the mic or speaker ?
I feel mine donā€™t hear a lot and the speaker is very very low

Sure.
Home Assistant Voice Assistant + Presence + Temp Sensor - Pastebin.com

The tempeature sensor seems a bit optimistic measuring 25-26 celsius while it is only 22, so noone should rely on it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for uploading your code - And what youā€™re describing is the extra little RGB LED they included - it goes with the GPIO dock unfortunately - wish we could plug it into the Radar dock but i guess enough GPIOs are used with that dock.

@vladx, can you try pulling the power on your box3 and then powering it up again to see if both temp and voice still work? Both temp and voice on mine worked until the cold boot too.

Apparently the issue is a driver handle conflict between ADF and ESPHome controlling the I2C bus and this is not seen until a full reboot.

Yes, it seems after reboot voice is not workingā€¦I removed the temp sensor, and voice still not working. Iā€™ve experienced this multiple times, the voice was ok for a while, then stopped responding to wake wordā€¦ so it seems a bit alpha :frowning:

L:

If you didnā€™t figure it out yet, you need to reboot to remove the code the temp sensor adds. Be sure youā€™ve removed all the I2C code before rebooting.

Its a 1W speaker guysā€¦ you should not expect much.
and if you dont like it, do what i did and send the response to a multiroom media player.

Voice , AHT , presence and Touch are all working for me. The only thing I havenā€™t got at the moment is the red touch button and IR , but not really looked into those too much.

@robgough1970 see ESP32 S3 Box3 - #230 by HJM

what am I looking at John :slight_smile: everything is working for me after changing i2c config as per ESP32-S3-BOX-3 Voice assistant stability issue when i2c is activated Ā· Issue #5296 Ā· esphome/issues Ā· GitHub

**edit
ok Iā€™m with you now, I always have a battery in , so hadnā€™t encountered the cold boot issue. and yes , voice stops working from a cold boot. oh well I guess iā€™ll just leave the battery in for now. :slight_smile: I thought it was working too well lol

Just replying to myself here to explain that this situation is about to change.

On-board wake word coming to ESP chips!

3 Likes

Mine gets ā€˜stuckā€™ after calling services like media_player.play_media
Is there anyway I can reboot the device from within HA? that way i can put it at the end of the intent_script, or something like that

I just received my s3 box3. Can you share your config to get the sensors running? I also plan to have a battery along with the power to avoid the issues from cold boot

Hi Raj,

Can you do us a favour and scroll up for the config?

Thanks.

you can add the following to your device config in ESPHome , to give you a restart button, which will have an entity you can call

button:
  - platform: restart
    name: "Restart"
    id: but_rest

there is a new model for ā€˜hey jarvisā€™ if you are using the beta, and for me it works 100% better :+1:

model: 'github://kahrendt/microwakeword/models/hey_jarvis.json'
1 Like

Hi Rob(?),

Do you have micro wake word running? If so, what changes to your yaml did you make?

Using the example code in the beta (2024.2.0b2), I keep getting compile errors.

Compiling .pioenvs/esp32-s3-box-3-5ad0fc/components/esp-tflite-micro/tensorflow/lite/micro/micro_allocation_info.o
xtensa-esp32s3-elf-g++: fatal error: Killed signal terminated program cc1plus
compilation terminated.
*** [.pioenvs/esp32-s3-box-3-5ad0fc/components/esp-tflite-micro/tensorflow/lite/micro/fake_micro_context.o] Error 1
========================= [FAILED] Took 640.22 seconds =========================

I forked the repo and changed yaml:

packages:
  esphome.voice-assistant: github://jaymunro/esphome_firmware/voice-assistant/esp32-s3-box-3.yaml@micro_wake_word