Esp8266 & 5W LED Bulb

Hello.
New to esphome. Can someone recommend an esp8266 with a relay ( preferably on the same board as the esp). It is to controll a 5w led bulb using a battery pack. Can I put the esp8266 into deep sleep mode to conserve power consumption and wake it up from Home Assistant when I want to turn the bulb on?

Hundreds of these on the net simply by searching ESP8266 relay. They are all much the same - buy a bagful from Aliexpress.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004973804306.html

No - you can’t. ESP8266 does not support remote wakeup from deep sleep.

Try the sinilink MOSFET board, it uses a MOSFET instead of a relay, probably uses less power. And if the bulb is dimmable, you can have the MOSFET do that.

I have a few of these and they work great with esphome

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003627289294.html

EDIT: Thinking about it, are you switching a mains powered bulb ? If so you need to use a relay

Hello
No, I’m not switching from a mains powered bulb. I have a wall sconce to install (actually two of them) and there isn’t any power running to them and I don’t want the expense of hiring someone to do it and have to fish cable through a wall back to the electrical panel. My thought is to use a 5 W rechargeable bulb OR build something out with an esp32 / battery pack / 5 W LED bulb - non rechargeable. The ESP32 and battery pack would be installed on the back of the wall sconce and then hung on the wall. The 5W rechargeable bulb is just a temporary solution until I build out the ESP32 - which I’ve never done.

Thanks for the info. So I guess my option is to go with an ESP32 so I can enable remote wakeup from deep sleep. Is this an option within ESPHome or do I add a bit of yaml code? Also, how does it work? Does the ESP32 come out of sleep mode whenever I turn the light on from Home Assistant, or do I have to initiate something first, before turning the light on? Thanks.

A 5w rechargeable bulb? If its going in the house id do something that can be dimmed. Idk anything more offensive than waking up with night eyes and having your retinas burned by some light that only does 100% On or 100% Off

Sorry. It’s a 5V rechargeable LED bulb that I’m going to use. The fixture is in the living room, so no chance to burning my eyes out!