ESP8266 into existing alarm DSC System

Ah yes, it’s a bug . You can either get the updated yaml or just remove the alarm_panel:: suffix from line 464 in the yaml. I’ve updated the repository with the fix.

Go it. But both panels are still not showing any data.
I tried to see if I have any javascript loading errors but nothing shows up.
Any clues?
Js file and resources are ok.

Make sure that the fields you use in the card lovelace configuration match what you have setup in your esphome yaml. If using the dev branch,use the lovelace config from dev since the example field names differ. You can double check what is set in HA by doing a search for the services in the developer section of HA.

Ok got it. The entities get created like this binary_sensor.dsc_alarm_ac_status whereas the panel yaml contains this binary_sensor.dscalarm_ac_status.
There is an underscore _ in the entity ID.
Thanks.

Hi Alain,

I’m uncertain whether this is a coincidence or if something actually occurred, as everything was functioning well for a few weeks. However, I’ve noticed that the partition status briefly shows ‘not_ready’ again for a few days when disarming, which shouldn’t normally happen between ‘armed_home’ and ‘disarmed’.

At the same time a see this as partition status message:

Edit: I need to add, that it’s not happening every time. This wasn’t the case today, when the status went straight from armed_home to disarmed and didn’t have the invalid BF code in as a partition message.

Do you know why is this occurring?

There is no way for me to know unless I see logs. Please post esphome logs during disarming so we can see what is going on. It could be it gets input during a disarm sequence, etc. Hard to know. I can’t duplicate it.

@Dilbert66 not sure if its ok to post about taligentx classic panel implementation here. I’ve been working through some compile errors through the ESPhome app with his code. Not sure which files from src/ in his repository I need and which to omit (seems like i’m getting lots of redefinition of variable erros, among others.)

Any guidance on which .cpp and .h files I need in the esphome/dscKeybusInterface directory and any modifications I need to make to get it working on my classic pc3000 panel?

Thanks

The taligent code is not for use with the ESPHOME implementation since it’s designed to be programmed with the Arduino IDE. Do not mix code from my repository with his. It will not work. Only use the code from his site. I can’t assist with that setup as I don’t use it and this is not the place for it as it’s not an ESHome project. You should ask on his site.

Hi Alain. How do you make use of the accesscode in the current version (dev). I see a variable in the yaml file. I did put my code but I still get a message asking for the passcode when I click Night for example. I would like to be able to use that without entering a code. Is that something supported?
I am not using the small numeric panel. I am using the javascript one.

You need to send the “N” cmd if using the service or keypad, not *9". This will it will get the correct cmd from the panel to send the stored access code. I have to check as to why the *9 cmd itself is not working . It’s been a while since I worked on that.