EspHome (An error occurred. Port not ready

i keep on getting that error, i dont know if it my nodemcu

1 Like

It’s a long shot but try shutting down the other instance of ESPHome web.

how can i do that please

Your screen shot shows more than one tab open with same page. It is the only clue you gave us. Otherwise wrong usb cable/ bad driver for espif

1 Like

okay bro will try to close the rest

I have the same issue with my NodeMCU. No other instances of Esphome connected.

1 Like

Did you figure it out? Running into the exact issue :slight_smile:

Tried reinstalling all drivers, see if that changes anything but unfortunately it didn’t.

Yeah I tried it with an esp8266 D1 mini, even on 2 different computers I couldn’t get it working. Messed around for hours. Mine has a dent on the esp8266 chip from shipping, but it worked just fine for previous projects.

Final I gave up and just tried it with an esp8266 NodeMCU v3 and it worked the first try. So I recommend giving it a try with a different device I guess.

That’s so weird. So updating a NodeMCU for me is not working. So I tried a ESP8266 D1 mini and it worked :slight_smile: So i am fully the other way around. 1 thing, I need the Nodemcu though due to it’s Bluetooth :slight_smile:

I had this to. Did the “Prepare for first use” and got this after. Was able to close Chrome, re-open the dashboard and “Configure Wifi”. It would let me prepare for first use again, but with the same error.

Wd love if error messages were somewhat useful for newbs.

I recently came accros the same issue. For me it was related with using the ESPhome web for flashing the units together with a Wemos D1 Mini Pro.
For some reason the wizard doesnt show the Device selection panel in ESPhome web (at least for me). Therefore it created a wrong configuration. Flashed it to the ESP8266 but was afterwards unable to connect giving the “Port error” message.
I solved it by creating the configuration in HA. Downloading it. And than installing it in ESPhome web. Afterwards everything worked just fine.

1 Like

I had the same issue for the last few days. I was able to get it to work by using the github page (ESP Web Tools) as opposed to the esphome page (https://web.esphome.io/).