ESPHome becomes unavailable after restarting Home Assistant

I have 10 ATHom bulb’s in my house.

They came preprogrammed with ESPHome but I’ve changed the device name, the boot-up action and assigned a static IP to each. Besides the IP and the device name each yaml-files are identical.

The bulb works OK but when I restart Home Assistant 2 out of the 10 bulbs become unavailable in Home Assistant and in the UI. The remaining 8 comes back normal. For the unavailable bulbs one is listed as unavailable in the ESPHome dashboard; the other as available (online). For both I can get logs OK via the dashboard.

The only way to get the bulb back into Home Assistant is to delete them from the integration and then re-add them.

ESPhome has status_use_pin enabled.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to fix this ?

There is also a reload option that may be easier.

In the ESPHome integration card select the device then click on the three dots icon in the lower right hand corner. Select “Reload”.

I used to get this a lot after I enabled encryption in the ESPHome device and after doing an “update all”. Quite a few devices would not be rteloaded. Does not seem to be an issue after that last few updates though.

Are your ESPhome and devices up to date?

I did try the Reload option in the Integration menu. That does not make a difference - meaning the 2 bulbs are still listed as unavailable in Home Assistant.

As for ESPHome version - one bulb is on 2022.1.3 and the other is at 2022.2.3

Had the same after the new core 2022.3.1, MQTT devices being stated as unknown, reboots did not help. Some i had to again submit, some i had to use the old manual remote change the state of the light, before Mosquito did recognize them and re-add them. Took me some hours to get all things started again.
Not sure what was changed did try to find it in the changelog of the core but apart from that binaries now can have the unknown state it did not tell why some fell out of the sky!

I have 20 Esphome - devices (esp8266 and esp32)
2 of them have the same problem. Reboot does not help. Only delete en re-add helps…
The other 18 do not have any problem…

1 Like

I have removed the devices and created new ones with the same buttons and sensors. I used the same hardware and put the software on it via a cable. Now they are working as they should again.

Untitled

I have same problem , restart esp 8266 and server not help about, any solution ?

Also 1 easy way , need esp delete , add esp home find ip and key , Host into ip address then ask key submit .

1 thing more, same device i am using other home assistant server not any problem face, working parfect, so i tink some data conflict repeat add and delete same divice for our experiments