ESPHome components for MIoT devices

Hey there,

I recently created a couple of components for my air purifier. Since they’re not limited to that appliance class, I hope they’re useful for others for all kinds of devices.

It’s a young project, so the currently tested device list is rather short, but I suspect there are many more devices on which these components can be used on.

Check it out at

1 Like

Nice one. Thanks for sharing.

Are you aware of this? Is it similar? Edit: nevermind, I see the “Inspired By”…

Yupp, I’m aware. In fact I used that for my device first, see the bottom of the README :wink:

But that one hardcodes the device specific SIIDs/PIIDs, so it’s not reusable, each device would need it’s own matching code and config. That and the fact that it relies on the deprecated custom components is why I started from scratch.

But it’s the project that inspired me to try to make it reusable, with the idea that new devices would only need a yaml config without any code changes. So far there’s a pet feeder and a rice cooker in the works, so it looks like it might work out, time will tell :smiley:

2 Likes

Cool. Probably I’ll move over to you component sometime.

@dhewg After having successfully flashed my Air Purifier 4 Lite with your ESPHome files I’ve now ordered a mi-smart-standing-fan-2 - Specifications - Mi Global Home - BPLDS02DM - dmaker.fan.p18 - Mi Smart Standing Fan 2 - 产品规格 - Xiaomi Miot Spec (miot-spec.com) - of which I’m confident that it will also use an ESP32 (someone already found out it seems: Esphome? · syssi/xiaomi_fan · Discussion #150 (github.com) )

I do have PCBite equipment which I have used to flash several ESP32 already (Yeelight ceiling lamps with the help of this great repository: syssi/esphome-yeelight-ceiling-light: ESPHome custom firmware for some Yeelight Ceiling Lights (github.com)). syssi also maintains this repository: syssi/xiaomi_fan: Xiaomi Mi Smart Fan integration for Home Assistant (github.com) but I really want to be cloud-free :pray: :muscle:

Searching for esp32 mi fan - Google Search reveals a couple of more standing fan models with ESP32.