ESPHome - Daly BMS using UART Guide

Hi, did you get a solution? I have the same problem with “asyncio.exceptions.Timeouterror” with my Daly BMS over bluetoth with a Raspi4. Made an issue on github at fl4p/batmon but did not get an answer yet

I got some ESP-8266 that look just like yours Creatura, but I can’t get any reading from the BMS.

When I flash the same settings to some older ESP’s I have everything works, but these newer ones I can look at the log and they startup and never get any data.

I can install GitHub - softwarecrash/DALY-BMS-to-MQTT: ESP8266 Connector to get Daly BMS Data into MQTT systems and get a reading but there’s no intergration for HA, any idea’s on why ESPHome can’t get anything?

Well done!
Did you manage to share the same UART with the Daly Bluetooth dongle?
You mention it in the introduction but I did not see how you did it.
I hope it is possible because it makes no sense to lose the Daly Bluetooth functionality.

iit possible to read Daly data using ESP32 and then send it via Can to Deye inverter using pylontech protocol
Same as these folk did for JK here?

Hi! Is possible to connect 2 daly-bms on 1 ESP ?.

Yes. To esp32 only. I ask from Bing AI and he makes me config too.

Hi All - thanks to everyone who’s contributed to this feature/integration.
I have followed the steps above and, although it works fine in the begining and I get everything across to HA, after a while it feels like the Daly BMS goes into sleep mode and stops transmitting. This is not picked up immediately on HA, but I can see it when I run the log from ESPHome. Note that my battery pack currently doesn’t have any loads on (other than the ESP32) nor is it being charged, so it could be that this is the problem i.e. the BMS goes to sleep because nothing’s happening? But even so, I would like to be able to check my battery status, even when it’s iddle or even shut-down.
Has anyone else had a similar problem?
Is there a way to wake up the BMS (assuming it actually goes into sleep mode and this is the root of my problem)?

Thank you for your time.

Possible sharing code for all members if you found an solution

Standby timer on 65535 my BMS doesn’t get in any standby like a half year. Hope it helps

i’m a newbie. can someone give me a guide step by step or any video about it ? thank s.

About the configuration? There are many videos on youtube