Esphome esp32 not visible

I have a esp running ESPhome to receive bluetooth signals from Xiami sensors.

Now i need to edit the conf of this esp32 but i can’t see it in ESPhome.
If i look in configuration - Integrations in the ESPHome it is visible but i don’t see the option to edit true here.

Any ideas how to edit this esp32 (btesp32temp)?

Do you by any chance have different VLAN’s?

No there are no VLAN’s in my network

Okay! mdns still working?

Yes i can reach home assistant true @ hommeassistant.local:8123 so as i understand mdns still works

Okay. Wait, you want to edit the yaml from the ESP32 in HA. That’s not possible.
You can edit the yaml in ESPHome.

I only was looking for a altrenative method to edit in HA because the btesp32temp is no longer visible in ESPHome.

That can happen, if you accidently delete the *.yaml files for this device from your ESP home folder. What files are there under config/esphome? Should be btesp32temp.yaml and one folder btesp32temp.

ESPHome (the webUI) is “only” for configuring the firmware and upload it to a device. You can for example configure and compile the firmware fr the device in a totally seperated ESPHome installation and still use it in HA. That’s what the integration does, it connects to any ESPHome that you setup via the integration. That doesn’t mean it needs to have the firmware data present in your specific ESPHome webUI.

1 Like

The yaml file must indeed have gotten deleted. The folder is still there but not the yaml files. Wil have a look at my backups if i can restore.

Thank you all for your help.

1 Like

If you can’t restore it, just do it again. Setup the device in ESPHome as usual, delete the device in HA and add it again (with the new version from ESPHome).

If it’s not a very complicated firmware, you may be better off with just doing it as “new”.

But for future reference: If you loose the ESPHome yaml files, it can’t be restored from the device! You have to have a backup from the files. But it doesn’t matter for the function in HA. You can still run that device for years, but won’t have updates or could make changes, that’s all! :slight_smile:

Home assistant makes a config file for the node, if you reflash with a different sketch you may wind up with a lot of _2 copies of the original sensors. You have to delete the copy in .storage before reflashing.

See this thread for a more in depth explanation.

btw this isn’t exclusive to mqtt, I’ve had this problem with the api.

I am getting exactly the same problem
It appears under devices (ESPHome) but not in the GGUI
I cant seem to fix this I am trying to install a bluetooth proxy