Esphome/espurna/tasmota still-flashable devices list EU

So a few weeks ago I bought some Gosund SP111 plugs. Flashed them with tasmota via espurna/tuya conver and after that with esphome.

The work like a charm! Exactly what I need.

But now I ordered some extra and they fail to be flashed. Contacted the supplier and they confirmed the item changed to prevent flashing. Since it was exactly the same listing on amazon.de there was no way for me to know. They now call them gosund EP2.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B085RFKVW4.

I then started my quest to find “still flash-able” devices and came on lots of places… but all say “changed, not working maybe”.

So I wanted to start this topic to find out what devices still have a success in flashing and what don’t. Based on actual recent experience.

What I am not asking is to supply all kind of links to other locations stating device types and type numbers, anyone can find those…

Hope this will become a source of truth to find still available and flash-able devices in Europe.

EDIT:
So the basic question is: if you have successfully OTA flashed a plug with tastoma RECENTLY, please provide ordering and item information below.

Do you know the Blakadder Tasmota templates repository?

This is very helpful to decide if Tasmota is usable on a device and how to get it flashed.

For the EP2 you have to open it and flash Tasmota physically:

The good old SP111 works with tuya-convert. But the amaon-links won’t help, as the ASIN is often reused by the sellers for other products or versions. This often leads to reviews not fitting to the actual product, too.

I bought the set in July and the SP111 were delivered, running fine. As you wrote, now the same number is the EP2.

My conclusion on tuya-devices: I search if there are new versions first, then I consult blakadder. and then I decide to buy or not. In your case - The same number and description, I would have failed, too.

@sublevel7, yes of course I had seen this :-). thanks for taking the time to respond.

For most devices it says indeed there are “newer versions” available. Actually I have gone over ALL devices and there is no one that I can buy and will work with OTA (flash) for sure… hence opening this topic.

Edit: opening plugs with a pair of pliers is not what I prefer… I want to keep them a original as possible.

Edit2: Most devices on blackadder have a statement like:
Tuya-Convert might not be possible for this device if the manufacturer started using newest Tuya firmware since this template was published (2019-09-01).

You are welcome. Maybe some other reader doesn’t know.

Me too. And I don’t like to get the soldering iron from the cellar, the reading glasses to see the connection points and my shaking fingers… Tuya-convert was the solution until now.

This is the reason I stopped buying tuya-devices to “test” them. Makes no sense any more. When I have a use-case in the future I won’t be able to buy them in the way I want them.