ESPHome GUI component using LVGL

In my experience when the screen seems to be functioning but is blank, it’s normally the backlight, just make sure there’s no pin or config missing to turn on the backlight

I believe it’s labelled as TFT_RS on that board. You’ll also want to specify CS and RESET. You’ll need a schematic or sample code to figure out which pins they are. And you’ll need to turn on the backlight with the TFT_BL pin - a monochromatic light component will allow you to adjust the brightness.

Thanks for the tips.

Based on this wiring diagram for the TFT:

I figured the RS/DC is IO2 and CS is IO15.

There’s that pin labeled RESET, but it seems to be hard-wired. Is that normal?

Regarding the BACKLIGHT, the screen seems to be lit up very bright (white). So at least I think it’s on by default.

There appears to be sample code here along with the wiring diagram I got here. (After translation, it says RESET is the LCD reset signal line. Because the GPIO on the start board is tight, it is connected to the RESET line of the system. Similarly, BL is the backlight control line of the LCD, which is also directly connected to 3.3V. – but I don’t know if that’s correct, or lost in translation. At least it would explain the backlight being always on.)

However, the sample code is very frustrating, because it uses macros like PIN_NUM_RST, bit the headers that define those constants are not available – or at least I couldn’t figure out how to get them, even after having Google translate the page from Chinese.

Any suggestions?