ESPhome installation issue

I understand this might not the right community to address Linux related questions.
However I just moved to Linux for the first time in my life from Windows and and it is more difficult than I thought.
I am a Home Assistant user and trying to rebuild the same tools that I have on Windows.
I use ESPHOME and I wanted to install esphomeflasher. I installed python first then I am entering the following to install esphomeflasher: `

pip3 install esphomeflasher.

After a few seconds I get a bunch of red lines with the final following ones being:

ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: /usr/bin/python3 -u -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'/tmp/pip-install-e2gscsgq/wxpython/setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'/tmp/pip-install-e2gscsgq/wxpython/setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' install --record /tmp/pip-record-fcjqmgmx/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --user --prefix= --compile --install-headers /home/oem/.local/include/python3.8/wxpython Check the logs for full command output.

Not sure if somebody can assist me here

thanks

what kind of linux installation you have?
because you don’t have to do so.
just install the esphome add-on and integration within HA.
that’s all.

adding new ESP-Senors will be done within the add-on.

1 Like

it is linux mint 20.1.
I typically use esphome add-on only for OTA flashing.
Can I USB flash with the add-on?

Yes you can.

1 Like

I will go that route then.
Still…dealing with Mint will be challanging

cheers!

Yea, that’s definitely to complex for a unix beginner.
HA is managing all of these topics for you internally.

first you add an new esp via (+) in the lower right corner.
after that you can add the new sensor‘s etc to your new esp.

if you connect a new esp to your system via USB, just restart the add-on.
after that you must switch from over-the-air to your usb port.

now you can upload the esp-firmware and configuration to your esp.

that’s it

I just tried, but I understand that I can’t USB flash on my local machine and I have to use the USB on the Raspberry. Do I have an option to flash locally (my raspberry is not easily accessible )?

I resolved using esptool that I got installed without any problem.