ESPHome intermittent disconnected and became unavailable problems

I’ve been running a Pi 4 with HA OS and ESPHome. I’ve had a NodeMCU running ESPHome running for a year in my office with automations that notify via Telegram. I had zero problems and zero false triggers of the automations. About a week ago I migrated from the Pi 4 to a Lenovo M90n using the NUC image. Easy. I’ve also updated various things HA OS has been telling me to update, including HA stuff and ESPHome and even the code on my various ESP8266 devices. Since the move to the Lenovo, plus the updates, my NodeMCU has disconnected and connected a couple of times, which triggers false alerts. This is a quick event. No idea if this is a timing problem because of the faster Lenovo, or some bug in some update, but it makes using ESPHome much less attractive than it has been. I also have three Sonoff S31’s that are doing the same thing.

I syslog my home router and access point. I don’t see an event there where the ESPHome device is asking for an address. I’m assigning addresses based on MAC id from the router so I normally see those events when the devices are plugged in.

I had a similar problem. Traced it down to an entity that had changed it’s name in HA which I forgot to change in the ESP code. Something to check.