ESPHome Removing Sticky Auto Detected / Repair Device - Authentication expired for ESPHome Spare

Hello All

Hoping for a bit of help please. I have run out of relevant threads on this forum or options to try to resolve this problem.

Im using HA and ESPHome.

At some point in the past I called an ESP8266 device “ESPHome Spare” (friendly name) I have since updated the friendly name of the device (im not even sure which device I called “Spare” now as I have 10 device in total). Recently out of the blue im getting it being “detected” or proposed as a “repair” and I cant clear/resolve it from popping up!. I have tried a quite a few things

This is what I see

Authentication expired for ESPHome Spare

If I click it

The ESPHome device ESPHome Spare enabled transport encryption or changed the encryption key. Please enter the updated key. You can find it in the ESPHome Dashboard or in your device configuration.

In the “Integration” section I see

And if I click it I get asked again for the encryption

I have tried :

• Deleting Some ESP Devices, in fact I deleted them ALL
  • Uninstall the whole ESP add-on
  • Restoring from backup
  • Removed the entry from repair.issue_registry
    (it just comes back after a while following a reboot)

Any other thoughts?

Thanks

I’m facing the same issue. any hints would be nice. Because this “repair” is a bit annoying.

Sure will keep you updated …

I found this thread, but Im not convinced its relevant (year old now) but its clearly related to the API key and that thread implies it can be the “same” I have tried created and copy pasting keys into the box but nothing is accepted and it wont go away!

I also now have a second one complaining:

I still have the entry in ESPhome, but I havent switched the device on for ages, I might dig it out of the draw and see what happens (but still wont help me with the “Spare” one as im not even sure I have it anymore!

And nope … powering up “ESPHome 4x Power Sensor A” and updating it hasnt resolved the authentication/repair request issue.

I solved it by deletig the device in ESPHome integration and re-adding once discovered. Give it a try

Thanks, I have delete ALL the devices and re-booted. I think this is an old device and some how its triggering this error message. I cant find the source of the trigger!

Random fluke!!! I have just fixed it

I just randomly went into settings / Intergrations / ESPHome

and had this option

Which I clicked on Reconfigure and boom fixed!!! - Random!

I have same issue, but it asks me for the encryption key and I don’t know whre to get it

Any suggestion for this case?

Thanks