ESPHome: sensor and display on same esp board

No problem, and very very much thank you for your help and time! I learned a lot and as said, I am able to get some info on my screen!

A good suggestion to try some other code (Arduino) first, without esphome to check if it is a problem with the display… I also can try another esp board to excude a fault in this one.

So again, tnx a lot! If I have any news, I will post it here!

OK - 2023.12 came out today and some configs now break (even though the doco supports them).

While I was investigating that on GitHub I noticed there is still and outstanding ticket for touchscreen not working with some hardware combinations:

S2 was one of the mentioned platforms.

Tnx for the info!
Although “bad” news, it is clear now that there is no point in keeping to try this getting to work!

Again, I have to move to another board than, or wait till they may resolve this!

Tnx, it was not info I was hoping for but it helps “waiting” more time to it. But nevertheless I have learned some things by trying and because of your help!

You can order a WROVER ESP32 DevKit-C, if the display board is fine I know they work.

Won’t get it before Xmas though…

You could try 2023.12.0 of ESPHome. Once I got rid of the options it complained about I reckon touchscreen is much improved.

Tnx!
I am leaving for a week holiday, so it will not be in time when I order one now.
But I can try the 2023.12.0 update and see what happens.

Otherwise I will order another board to use in the new year! :slight_smile:

Hi Daryl!

After the esphome 2023.12.0 update, The calibration code and thus the touchscreen works!
With the pinout as you gave me for the esp32 S2 mini in the first place.

After calibration I added all the other code I wrote yesterday, but for some reason that does not work anymore… So I have to add the lines one by one and see what have to be changed to the code after the esphome update… But the board seems to have a functional touchscreen and can be used with the S2 mini.

Edit: I have stripped the code till I only have two pages with a button on both.
When pressing one button I would like to show the second button and if I click this second button I would to see the first button.
It seems the x and y axes of the touchscreen are perpendicular to the axes of the display.
So I thought I need to use the “swap_x_y” but this option is not recognized anymore… It was there in the old code without a problem…

1 Like

Well done! Enjoy your holiday.