ESPHome: Solar System - Any suggestions for TK15 Coulomb Meter / Battery Monitor Integration?

Hi folks!

I have a simple LiFePO4 battery Solar System and I bought a TK15 Coulomb Meter as a battery monitor. Is there a way to integrate this in Home Assistant via ESPHome or otherwise?

Does anyone have this and integrated it?
Or any suggestion on how to do it?

1 Like

Did you get anywhere with this? I was thinking of doing the same…

Nope. Nothing. :confused:

I didn’t try it personally yet, but I might order a GC97 which seems to be supported with this project:

https://aliexpress.com/item/4000046453565.html

English translation of the russian Github page: GitHub - alidonet/GC97_ESP: GC97 meter via ESP8266

There are also some russian videos on youtube if you search for “gc97”

I just found another alternative:

Atorch DT24PW
https://aliexpress.com/item/4001159364475.html
It can be integrated with HA thanks to

You’ll need an ESP with esphome running

1 Like

Nice! Thank you!

Regarding << * Atorch DT24PW (requires a disabled CRC check)>> Any idea is additional code is all that is required?

And do you happen to know if a 100A will work with a 40A system? That is all I have. :smiley:

On my opinion 100A is the maximal allowed current on the shunt. I have ordered one and waiting to test.
As long you don’t exed 100A I think you can use in any battery capacity.

Hi, i have got an DT24PW and i am trying to integrate it in Homeassistant via EspHome but the linked github page is a bit confusing for me, and i am only beginning with EspHome integration.
The code in github page: GitHub - syssi/esphome-atorch-dl24: ESPHome component to monitor and control some Atorch meters via bluetooth is to be inserted in the YALM of an ESP32 configured in the ESPHome add on of Homeassistant ?

So, some news about the DT24PW:

It’s not what we need, at least not exactly.

What it can do is measure the voltage, current, power and energy consumed.

What it cannot do is, tell us how much power is left in the battery by subtracting the energy consumed of the known capacity of the battery. The energy consumed in kWh and mAh is only counted upwards, no matter if you’re charging or discharging the battery. Actually the only measurement that can be positive or negative is the current. The state of charge of the battery is estimated by the voltage of the battery and that is very inaccurate for LiFePO4 or Li-Ion batteries.

A possible workaround could be to use the Riemann Sum Integral: Integration - Riemann sum integral - Home Assistant

But still, the display of the DT24PW doesn’t display how many Ah or kWh are left in the batteries.

The DT24TW would work for us, because it shows the remaining capacity of the battery by subtracting the capacity used from the capacity that you told it that your battery has. Maybe there is a way to flash the DT24TW firmware to the DT24PW unit but I didn’t find the DT24TW firmware anywhere yet.
More information about the DT24TW is available here in chinese:
http://www.atorch.cn/upload/20220820162613.zip
Or here on AliExpress:
https://aliexpress.com/item/1005003942152659.html

Same for the GC97 mentioned above. But the GC97 requires hardware modifications/adding hardware.

@ygreq I didn’t try personally yet but disabling the CRC Check by adding the additional code should work. Like @gepetto already mentioned, feel free to use the 100A version in a 40A system.

@syrus I think you need to add the code to the yaml of an ESP in esphome, like described here: Getting Started with ESPHome and Home Assistant — ESPHome
but maybe just use the commandline example

Hi, i tried this project and connecting the GC97 to an esp is not difficult (you must do some light soldering beginner level), the results are good too, all info are autodiscovered by MQTT and i have my battery under control in homeassistant . I had some problem following the youtube videos (because there are a pair and only in russian) but they are only needed to see how to connect the GC97 to the ESP. Lastly the author of the github page (alidonet) is really supportive and helped me when i had some problem, made by some mistake i did. All in all this is a great project.