ESPHOME Sonoff 4CH Pro R2 - can 433Mhz be used?

Prefer ESPHome over Sonoff, but wonder if 433MHz is usable with ESPHome firmware ?
4CH Pro R2 has 433Mhz radio, but it seems it is rendered useless with ESPHome ?
Pitty, if that is the case.
So, is it still possible to pair 433Mhz remotes with ESPHome Sonoff 4CH Pro R2 ?

Thanks

I agree with you, ESPhome just works all the time.
flash it with tasmota, pair the remotes
save the config
upload the esphome via OTA
if it doesnt work, no harm
upload the tasmota via OTA, restore your config
and wait till someone smarter than us fixes it

Never tried Tasmota.
So, 433 radio works with Tasmota ? That is kind of solution, thanks :slight_smile:

I’d assume so, with ESPhome and an RFbridge you have to hard code any 433mhz device you want to use, with Tasmota you dont, from what i read. All my RFBridges are tasmota. there the only things in my house that run tasmota. Everything else is Esphome or zigbee/deconz

Didn’t get you :).
I don’t have bridge, i have 4CH Pro R2 which has 433MHz radio and antena, it can be programmed for some switches. I guess it can not be used as RF Bridge.
AFAIK RF Bridge is seperate device which can capture infinite number of commands and transmit them to serial/ethernet/mqtt … whatever.

I know you dont, i was just explaining that Esphome isnt as eloquent as tasmota is regarding 433mhz.

My 4CH Pro R2’s flashed with Tasmota work with rf433. They only accept 1 remote for each channel (but that is the same with the original ewelink firmware)

Id assume that is just a completely separate module. So flashing the esp module doesnt change the function of the 433mhz module

With the Sonoff RF bridge you are able to use ESPHome, but you need to apply a hardware mod to bypass the microcontroller that handles the decoding. ESPHome is not compatible with this microcontroller (as far as i know) that handles the RF signal. With the hardware mod applied the RF signals will be handled by the ESP8266 chip. I have to say that i don’t know if it’s possible to apply such a hardware mod with the 4CH. I am not owning one and i can imagine the board layout is completely different.

You mean 1 button for 1 channel, so total 4 buttons (commands) ?

How do you program it ? Maybe i can still program my 4CHPro_R2.

Learn with 433MHz RF Remote:Each gang can supports 1 RF key, which means each gang can only remember the RF key learned last time. Quickly press twice one of the switches below, then press one of the ABCD buttons on your RF Remote. If learned successfully, the button will lit up in red, and the corresponding status LED will blink in green for 4 times. You can press the button to turn on or turn off the corresponding channel.

Clear 433MHz Coding: S5 is 433MHz code clearing button, please press and hold it until the 4 LEDs lit up green and off.

http://ewelink.coolkit.cc/?p=458

1 Like

Ha, perfect, work like a champ!

So, that is independent of ESPHome, not flashed when ESP8265 is done

Hi

can someone give me a good guide to flash Sonoff 4CH Pro R2?

I’m finding issues to get it flashed.

Thanks!

All you need to know :

So, I can’t use ESP Easy Flasher (FlashESP8266.exe) to flash Tasmota?
Or any other Tasmota Flasher?
Just Arduino IDE?

Thanks

You can use whatever you want. I thought you wanted to know the pinouts and the way to get into flash mode.

I used NodeMCU-PyFlasher-4.0-x64 to flash my Sonoff 4CH Pro’s.

I’m trying to flash 4CH Pro R2, using an external power supply (tried 5V and 12V), as well as the 3.3V from FTDI connetcted to a laptop.
connecting GND and GPIO0, before powering up, for 3-5 seconds and then launching the tool, but it does not connect…

I tried now also the NodeMCU tool but I get only
Connecting ....._____....._____....._____....._____

FW on the Sonoff is 3.3

Do you think is possible to use Tuya-Convert to flash over the air?
I use it with plugs and it’s working fine…

Thanks

Tuya-convert only works with tuya devices, not with sonoff. Gpio0 needs to be connected with GND while plugging the FTDI in.

Sorry I know this is an old thread, but I just wondered if someone can clarify for me. I have a load of 4ch pro r2’s flashed with ESPHome, I used to use RF remotes for some devices, but since flashing with ESPHome I haven’t been able to do this.

Is it possible to program the RF remote buttons against the individual 4ch pro’s channels with the ESPHome image unchanged or are you saying you would need to update the yaml config to program the RF code for each button?

Or are you saying that using tasmota enables you to use the original approach of pressing the buttons on 4ch pro in order to program an RF remote? I got a bit lost with using tasmota then going back to ESPHome?

If you go ESPHome route, all programming is done in ESPHome inside Home Assistant.