ESPhome startup after upgrade

Is anyone else getting startup errors after the latest version upgrade? I get

21-07-23 09:40:55 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.utils.json] Can’t write /data/addons/data/a0d7b954_esphome/options.json: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/data/addons/data/a0d7b954_esphome/tmpgjyajhx9’
21-07-23 09:40:55 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.addon] Add-on a0d7b954_esphome can’t write options

and a failure to start the integration.

Other users who also get the same error as you. Some suggests reinstalling the addon. However, if want to do a reinstall, don’t forget to backup your esphome file in the /config directory.

Just maybe, try restarting HA host before reinstall.

2 Likes

@ardysusilo, thanks had done a re-start already (first port of call for alot of issues), but the re-install worked, which is great. I did do the back of the configs, but the re-install didn’t need any action there as the configs were picked up no problem. Thanks again for the advice.

2 Likes

I Upgrade my Homeassistant OS from 6.2 to 6.4 running on Pi4 with SSD and after the upgrade Esphome stop working:

1-09-18 12:59:15 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.utils.json] Can't write /data/addons/data/a0d7b954_esphome/options.json: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/data/addons/data/a0d7b954_esphome/tmpqcmtvypm'
21-09-18 12:59:15 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.addon] Add-on a0d7b954_esphome can't write options

Uninstall and reinstall the addon solved the problem.

1 Like

I’ve also run into this issue after restores.
I’m assuming there may be something cached in the config after restore and it doesn’t get flushed out. So ESPHome looks for the directory that does not exist.

1 Like

Thanks to the solution above, I had changed hardware (VM to Rasp Pi, both HA OS) and resorted from backup (aka snapshot).

I uninstalled ESPhome and reinstalled ESPhome and it stored just as it originally was (no backup of add on required).