ESPhome: This add-on is not available on your system

Hi,
I wanted to install ESPhome on my HassIO (running on a Raspberry Pi) and I got the following message: This add-on is not available on your system.

I have upgraded to Home Assistant 0.98.2 and I re-installed ESPHome as an addon (Hass.io -> Add-on Store -> Add new repository by URL: https://github.com/esphome/hassio), but that did not help.

Can anyone provide some context on this?
Does this mean that the ESPhome plugin is not (yet?) supported on this version of HomeAssistant, or is it not supported on the Hass.io on the Pi? Or am I missing a dependency?

I monitored: /config/home-assistant.log but I did not see any errors

any tips or suggestions for further troubleshooting are greatly appreciated,
thanks,
chris

Which Raspberry?
ESPHome is supported on the Raspberry PI
There are going on some updates on tools (Python, Hassio, etc.) so incompatibilities arises all the time. Also which version of ESPHome did you try to install? Did you try dev?

I’m having the same issue with a fresh install of Hassio on a Raspberry Pi 1.

Me too !!
Is it possible the raspberry pi 1 is not supported ?

That’s what I was wondering but I can’t see a list of compatible devices on the site.

Hi,
Just to let you know that I got my hands on a Raspberry Pi 3 and the ESPHome plugin now installs successfully in Hassio :slightly_smiling_face:
My old PI was a RPI1 (as I found out now)… Hassio kinda worked on it, but the RPi3 is way faster
ChrisV

I cannot compile it on hassio installed on armbian installed on TiVi box minitx3.
Who can help me ?