ESPHome Voice Assistant use Home Assistant Media Player as output

I have an Atom Echo setup as my Voice Assistant, is there a way to use the media player from home assistant as the output instead of the speaker in the Atom Echo? What I am thinking is I say the wake word, the atom echo triggers, then forces the Home Assistnant media player to do TTS and say “how may I assist?”. I then give the command that I want preformed, Home Assistant preforms the action and then the Atom Echo uses send the Done message to the Home Assistnant media player instead of the Atom Echo speaker.

I have a media player in every room that I plan on putting in an Atom Echo and the speakers are much better that the Atom Echo speaker.

Is this possible? I know I will have to mess with the config file from here: https://github.com/esphome/firmware/blob/d760ac5a753f69cec1296e51eba38778eaddfe47/voice-assistant/m5stack-atom-echo.yaml but I don’t know where to begin.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Please see ESPHome Voice Assistant speech output to Home Assistant Media Player - #6 by philpo

You need to use on_tts_start to grab text and send this to tts.xxx depending on your setup and target relevant media player.