Esphome wemos d1 mini

Goodmorning all,
i need an help.
i’m following this guide(https://github.com/MiguelAngelLV/esphaier) to integrate haier with home assistant but i don’t know how to flash a .h and .yaml file on my wemos d1 mini esp8266
can you say me how and wich software i have to use?

thanks
regards
Andrea

You need the esphome add-on. In the esphome add-on gui, create a new project (fill in bogus for wifi network and stuff, as you’ll do this later). In the file of the newly created project, which is a yaml file, you need to replace all the text with the yaml file on github.

Now you need to move the .h file to the same directory as the yaml file is in. Since I have samba access to my HA, I would download it and move it to \192.168.1.10\config\esphome (this is the folder where your new yaml file is also stored in).

Then you need to validate this configuration (in Esphome GUI). Do this before changing anything so you know the method I described work. After it validates, replace all personal stuff (wifi, passwords, ip addresses) and compile it (also Esphome GUI). When compiled, download the binary.

Now the last step: download the esphome flasher for your computer here. Now connect your wemos to your computer with a USB cable and flash the downloaded bin in the flasher. You are done!

If you want to flash the device in the future you can do this over-the-air, as haier configured the ota option in the main .yaml file.

Good luck!

HI gras thank you very much for the answer i was doing the same thing that you explain to me.thanks for the confirm.
Now when i try to compile i receive this error.
I have check and i think all is ok but it’s like that esphome library is not included.
Here there is the error that i see
In file included from src/main.cpp:12:0:
src/Haier.h:11:26: error: ‘climate’ is not a namespace-name
using namespace esphome::climate;
^
src/Haier.h:11:33: error: expected namespace-name before ‘;’ token
using namespace esphome::climate;
^
src/Haier.h:54:29: error: expected class-name before ‘,’ token
class Haier : public Climate, public PollingComponent {

Hmm, I have no experience using header files (.h), so maybe raise an issue or DM the guy on his GitHub repo.

Does anybody know if this will work instead of the Wemos D1?

You just need to specify the correct type of board on your yaml file.