ESPhome with no HA blinks

Hello dear friends, I have a question because I have not been able to find the answer myself:

I have several ESPhome based light sources in my apartment that work perfectly well, but every time I turn off the HA for some purpose, each lamp flashes once a minute. Of course, it is not related to any automation or script etc. It seems to me that ESP is doing a restart looking for the server, so I tried to add something to the wifi settings but to no avail:

wifi:
  ssid: "****"
  password: "####"
  power_save_mode: none
  reboot_timeout: 60min

It’s a bit annoying - can I add something to the ESP script?
Anyone have a coincidence?
Any other solutions?

The default setting to trigger a reboot loop is 15min. It’s losing the connection with HA not your router. This is caused by the api component and not wifi. Move or add reboot_timeout: under the api: key. The one under wifi will only apply when it cant connect to your wifi network.

1 Like

so if i understand correctly it’s
in wifi section can exist correctly and should I add only reboot under api, is correct?

api:
  password: "***"

Yes you would add it to the api: section.

1 Like

You tell that each lamp flash once a minute. But the default API/reboot_timeout is 15mn.

1 Like

So I have to check if it really is every minute or a dozen :slight_smile: I will check the solution and let you know!

2 Likes

Works PERFECT! Thank You!

1 Like