Esphomelib - A comprehensive solution for using ESPs with Home Assistant

Yeah weird how it’s not able to delete it. Thanks for the answer, will try deleting from ssh! Also thanks for the Esp add-on! First time I got it to work with almost no effort.

Many thanks! Once I saw your post it became very obvious. ;-D

I’m having issues with OTA; I’ve flashed using USB successfully and can see the binary sensors I’ve added in HA (and can trigger them by shorting some GPIO). When attempting OTA I get the following:

INFO [esphomeyaml.espota] Sending invitation to alarm_panel.local
ERROR [esphomeyaml.espota] Failed
ERROR [esphomeyaml.espota] Host alarm_panel.local Not Found

Any idea?

does

ping alarm_panel.local

work?

No, that was the first thing I tested.

On searching the forums it looks to be a common issue? I’m using SSL through duckdns, not sure if that has any impact. Resolv.conf also doesn’t list anything…

Try using a static IP for the node, that should always work: https://esphomelib.com/esphomeyaml/components/wifi.html

Thanks, I will give that a try. I have already reserved the IP via DHCP but will try the static.

Hi,

Thanks for a great Add-on, I’m currently running Hass.io on a NUC, the add-on creates the file which can be validated but the NUC can’t find the Wemos D1 mini’s when they are attached, I’ve tried restarting the add-on and a number of different cables and minis both new and previously flashed. any hints on solving this

I had this issue last night with a ESP8266 I was trying to flash. Two cables later, same problem. Third cable worked though! And reliably, without restarting the add on.

Looks great! Can you also control a servo with this? For example to control the blinds.

with the hassio addon I get these errors when I try to compile.

Error loading shared library libstdc++.so.6: No such file or directory (needed by /root/.platformio/packages/toolchain-xtensa/bin/xtensa-lx106-elf-g++)
Error loading shared library libgcc_s.so.1: No such file or directory (needed by /root/.platformio/packages/toolchain-xtensa/bin/xtensa-lx106-elf-g++)
Error relocating /root/.platformio/packages/toolchain-xtensa/bin/xtensa-lx106-elf-g++: _obstack_newchunk: symbol not found
Error relocating /root/.platformio/packages/toolchain-xtensa/bin/xtensa-lx106-elf-g++: _Unwind_Backtrace: symbol not found
Error relocating /root/.platformio/packages/toolchain-xtensa/bin/xtensa-lx106-elf-g++: obstack_free: symbol not found
Error relocating /root/.platformio/packages/toolchain-xtensa/bin/xtensa-lx106-elf-g++: _Unwind_GetIPInfo: symbol not found
Error relocating /root/.platformio/packages/toolchain-xtensa/bin/xtensa-lx106-elf-g++: _obstack_begin: symbol not found
Error relocating /root/.platformio/packages/toolchain-xtensa/bin/xtensa-lx106-elf-g++: _Znwm: symbol not found
Error relocating /root/.platformio/packages/toolchain-xtensa/bin/xtensa-lx106-elf-g++: _obstack_memory_used: symbol not found
*** [.pioenvs/test/lib908/FastLED/FastLED.cpp.o] Error 127
Error loading shared library libstdc++.so.6: No such file or directory (needed by /root/.platformio/packages/toolchain-xtensa/bin/xtensa-lx106-elf-g++)
Error loading shared library libgcc_s.so.1: No such file or directory (needed by /root/.platformio/packages/toolchain-xtensa/bin/xtensa-lx106-elf-g++)
Error relocating /root/.platformio/packages/toolchain-xtensa/bin/xtensa-lx106-elf-g++: _obstack_newchunk: symbol not found
Error relocating /root/.platformio/packages/toolchain-xtensa/bin/xtensa-lx106-elf-g++: _Unwind_Backtrace: symbol not found
Error relocating /root/.platformio/packages/toolchain-xtensa/bin/xtensa-lx106-elf-g++: obstack_free: symbol not found
Error relocating /root/.platformio/packages/toolchain-xtensa/bin/xtensa-lx106-elf-g++: _Unwind_GetIPInfo: symbol not found
Error relocating /root/.platformio/packages/toolchain-xtensa/bin/xtensa-lx106-elf-g++: _obstack_begin: symbol not found
Error relocating /root/.platformio/packages/toolchain-xtensa/bin/xtensa-lx106-elf-g++: _Znwm: symbol not found
Error relocating /root/.platformio/packages/toolchain-xtensa/bin/xtensa-lx106-elf-g++: _obstack_memory_used: symbol not found
*** [.pioenvs/test/lib908/FastLED/bitswap.cpp.o] Error 127
*** [.pioenvs/test/lib908/FastLED/colorpalettes.cpp.o] Error 127
*** [.pioenvs/test/lib908/FastLED/colorutils.cpp.o] Error 127
========================== [ERROR] Took 1.72 seconds ==========================

I used ESPHomeYAML in my latest youtube guide, check out the last ~6 minutes of the video for a full walkthrough of installing it and programming your first sensor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCQoOZNdaGY

1 Like

Already watched it! Sadly no help. Great video though!
I’ve been chatting with OttoWinter on discord about it. Hopefully I can figure it out.

If anyone else has any ideas let me know. I’m running in docker with the hassio plugin on an i7 nuc host running Ubuntu 16.04

Hi Mr. Otto,

Great job! It’s fantastic how it works directly on your PI with no extra PC, software, arduino, coding, etc. Thanks so much!.

Unfortunatelly, I’ve been working with my two sonoff basic trying to flash them with no success at the moment. I have HASSBIAN on a PI and I’ve checked/change all components: FTDI-USB chip, usb cable, sonoff basic, connection cables, etc. and no way. I can’t flash the firmware.

Once I’ve solved the last error message like @talondnb (host not found) , now I’ve set a fixed IP address and it goes to the next step, but It has stopped again with a new error message:

INFO [esphomeyaml.main] Successfully compiled program.
INFO [esphomeyaml.main] Uploading binary…
INFO [esphomeyaml.espota] Starting on 0.0.0.0:40600
INFO [esphomeyaml.espota] Upload size: 328512
INFO [esphomeyaml.espota] Sending invitation to 192.168.0.30

ERROR [esphomeyaml.espota] No response from the ESP

Any help will be welcome. Thank in advance!

The static IP worked, thanks.

1 Like

Have you specified the board type to be esp01_1m?

Maybe share you’re generated config?

Esphomelib v1.7.0 is out!

A big release of esphomelib again. This time with just tons of bug fixes (thanks for reporting them) and equally many new features:

See https://esphomelib.com/esphomeyaml/guides/changelog.html for a full list of new features :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

Hi,

This is my config yaml file:

esphomeyaml:
name: switch_sonoff_sirena1
platform: ESP8266
board: esp01_1m

wifi:
ssid: ‘xxx’
password: ‘xxx’
manual_ip:
static_ip: 192.168.0.30
gateway: 192.168.0.1
subnet: 255.255.255.0

mqtt:
broker: ‘192.168.0.23’
username: ‘xxxxxxx’
password: ‘xxxxxxxx’

logger:

ota:
password: ‘xxxxxxxxx’

Thaks!

Awesome! Is this available now? I can’t see an update notification in the hass.io addon…

Can you ping 192.168.0.30 from your hassbian?