Esphomelib - A comprehensive solution for using ESPs with Home Assistant

no that wouldn’t make a difference for me personally. would of still be trying the server IP / hostname repeatedly and failing.

Maybe

Please enter connection settings of your ESPHome device node:
(not the esphome server)

Mine all work with nodename.local

So for my loft esp device I have loft.local, maybe try that ?

host means any device on a network. Computer, smart tv, esp, light bulb.

Once you think along those lines, it becomes more obvious.

1 Like

i have it working, i just took ages to get the API going because it was never working, because I thought the integration was asking for the esphomeyaml host (server) address. Maybe I’m the only one who got confused.

I’m using the HC-SR04 ultrasonic sensor with ESP32/NodeMCU. It’s ok, but the detection range isn’t good enough for my purpose. Has anyone tried other sensors with longer reach? At least 6 meters?

Hello. Please advise how can I specify elevation for sun.is_above_horizon and sun.is_below_horizon conditions? I am going to use these to restore state after power loss.

Sun will be below horizon if elevation is negative, and above if it is positive.

I feel like I’m missing something, but is it possible to set the communication to home assistant via bluetooth instead of WiFi using an esp32? I’m trying to create a battery powered device and would like and expect to save on power usage this way.

All I can find is related to scanning for devices.

No. The esp8266 chip is a wifi chip. It doesn’t have bluetooth capbilities.

Yeah I know, but I’m using an esp32 devkit which does have Bluetooth.

First, please start a new topic in the ESPHome category for new questions. Second, there is no support for communicating between a ESPHome device and Home Assistant using Bluetooth. The Bluetooth support in ESPHome is used for communicating with Bluetooth sensors.

i having problem i cant see the usb port in HA, i can just see my conbee nothing more, i have trying to restart the app and the server but still cant see it in HA

Please see the post above yours.