ESPhomeYAML sensor renaming problems

HA is having problems recognizing my sensors now that I have renamed one of the nodemcu boards using the ESPhomeYAML add-on.

I started with one nodemcu board and named it multisensor. Now that I have 3 more nodemcu boards I need a better naming system. I am naming the boards and sensors based on what room they are in, but now the board that used to be named multisensor is having problems with HA. The old sensor names still show up in HA with the state unavailable but the new sensors show up too, but not with the correct state. Also, one of the old sensors is still showing up-to-date data from the sensor even though it should have been renamed already.

How do I clear out HA from seeing any of the old sensors? And how do I wipe the nodemcu board and start over fresh?

Not sure, not using esphomeyaml addon and devices, but take a look into entity_registry.yaml in your config directory.

1 Like

Thanks @VDRainer that was the problem. I found the post below and decided to delete the registry and restart HA which solved the issue.

Since I have encountered this issue again I realized there are two parts to refreshing sensor names in hass.io:

1. Uninstall Mosquitto broker add-on. Then reinstall it. (make sure to copy the config settings so you can paste them after reinstall).
  2. Delete entity_registry.yaml file, and restart HA.

This should update any name changes for the sensors.