Etekcity Smart WiFi Dimmer Switch (ESWD16)

I am wondering if anyone has had any success in flashing Tasmota on the Etekcity Smart WiFi Dimmer Switch (ESWD16)? It appears to have an ESP-01F chip and accessible, labeled, pins for flashing.

My major concern is that I get it flashed but can’t get it to work right because the only template I’ve found is for the ESWL01. If anyone has any experience with this product or suggestions on getting it working I would appreciate it. Thanks.

This dimmer is not Tuya-Convertible. I was able to flash with serial connection.
I have identified basic pins. Here are the things I was able to find so far:

1. The led ring can be control and brightness controlled
  2. The main relay (on/off)
  3. The dimmer (can only be turned on and off)
    This is the template:

{“NAME”:“Generic”,“GPIO”:[0,0,0,0,39,21,0,0,38,0,37,49,0],“FLAG”:15,“BASE”:18}

Here are the things to do:

1. Figure out how to control dim level on main relay
  2. Find out how to control brightness level leds
  3. Find out how to map each button individually. Currently dimmer up and power buttons react to same GPIO and dimmer low button has no mapping.

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I shipped the unit back months ago. Hopefully this will help someone else though.

I hate dredging up old topics but this is the “BEST” information I have been able to find on this dimmer, I dont have it working perfectly (and not at all in tasmota) but this is the information I have been able to findout about this device.

I have all the lights (including the RGB) working, all the buttons working, and the main relay working, the only part I have left is the main dimmer, which I have working, jankaly… this dimmer has (atleast im 90% sure) a Zero crossover detector and I have been unable to get to dim nicely…

• ESP-01f
    • 1mb of flash
  • BUTTONS (the power button is “pressed” when the UP and DOWN pins are low)
    • DIM UP - 1 INVERTED, INPUT_PULLUP
    • DIM DOWN - 3 INVERTED, INPUT_PULLUP
    • POWER - 1 & 3 INVERTED, INPUT_PULLUP
  • LEDs
    • LED ^ - 74hc595d position 7 NON INVERTED
    • LED 1 - 74hc595d position 2 NON INVERTED
    • LED 2 - 74hc595d position 3 NON INVERTED
    • LED 3 - 74hc595d position 4 NON INVERTED
    • LED 4 - 74hc595d position 5 NON INVERTED
    • LED 5 - 74hc595d position 6 NON INVERTED
    • LED v - 74hc595d position 7 NON INVERTED
    • POWER LED - 74hc595d position 7 NON INVERTED
    • WIFI LED - 74hc595d position 0 NON INVERTED
  • RGB LEDs
    • R - 14 analog
    • G - 12 analog
    • B - 4 analog
  • RELAY - 5 NON INVERTED
  • TRIAC - 15
  • Zero Cross Detector - 13
  • Shift Register (74hc595d)

This is great info. I can write a custom firmware using esphome using all this information. I really hope you could successfully figure out the last piece of information; the dimmer control.

Yea everything is sorted apart from the dimmer, I am not sure why its not working, I am discussing it on reddit as well https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/jsjnbe/need_help_reverse_engineering_this_rgb_enabled_in/ if you run into any issues feel free to reach out, dealing with the 3 button 2 pin situation is kind of a pain, I am currently handling the triac by pulling the triac pin high on the zero crossover falling edge, then turning it a few ms later to dim, and if you look at the video here https://imgur.com/gallery/Jk1PXyR youll see the voltages LOOK good but for whatever reason it doesnt dim my bulb very well… and this is the same bulb that worked great with the original firmware :frowning: also keep in mind you can’t use timer1 on the esp to deal with the zero crossing since esp uses timer1 for pwm and you need that for the RGB lights