Ethernet Connection drops when Screen turns off (POE to USB-C Adapter)

I am using an Revotech PoE zu TypeC Adapter (PD2CAT) to both power my android phone (CMF Phone 1) as well as establish an ethernet connection with one cable. It is used as a home assistant dashboard.

But I encountered an issue. When the screen turns off it seems to drop the ethernet connection. When I tap on the screen to wake up the ethernet comes back (after 1-2 seconds).

This is of course unusable for my use case as home assistant dashboard and when trying to access the phone remotely (cannot when display = off, can when display = on) via fully kiosk browser.

Trying to figure out of this is an adapter related issue or android. It works via Wifi (connection does not drop when screen is off) but I need ethernet for my deployment …

Your USB is probably powering down with the screen as part of the phone’s setup for power save.

It is still charging though through the same USB-C … but yes the ethernet portion seems to get cut off as soon as the screen turns off.

One workaround I found was to enable “Prevent from Sleep while Screen Off” in the Fully Kiosk app. Just not sure how much that increases the power consumption overall. :thinking:

1 Like