EU USB sticks for the new Zigbee component

@h3ndrik - please can I ask what you are running your Bitronvideo stick on, and how you installed it?

I have not had much luck getting it to work with a Pi

I just bought the bitronvideo AV2010/10 stick (i suppose there is only one(?)) a few hours before i wrote, so i’m not an expert. I’m running the stick on a regular linux-computer. Haven’t tried to change the stock firmware. But if the serial communication with the usb stick works it should be the same on a Pi.

What I did:
Had a look at dmesg to verify there is a /dev/ttyUSB0 and added this to my configuration.yaml:

logger:
  default: debug
zha:
  usb_path: /dev/ttyUSB0
  database_path: /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/zigbee.db

(database_path has to be absolute)

Flicked the switch of the tradfri bulb six times, observed a short flash, put it close to the usb stick,
went to services in the home-assistant UI and did a zha permit

I can see all kinds of debug messages where zha obviosly talks to the stick. Mixed with final error messages. And I can see some rows in the zigbee.db table for a tradfri bulb.

After that – nothing shows up in HA. Trying to pair the remote (press connect 4 times in 5 seconds) gives similar results.

That’s my current status. My hypothesis is: The usb stick could be okay and the supplied firmware talks ezsp but there are tradfri related (or general) problems in the underlying library(?)

I’m currently fiddling with bellows. But I can’t tell if the light bulb sucessfully joined (despite the error messages) or not. Can’t read or write attributes. But at least I can sniff the communication with the ikea gateway with the ‘dump’ command.
Maybe there, someone with more knowledge about zigbee can tell us what the problem is.

Thanks. On my Pi I don’t even see anything appear in /dev when I plug it in :frowning:

I have a z-wave stick, which I have identified as /dev/ttyACM0, and I wonder whether I inadvertently changed something critical when I was trying to install that …

To summarise:

• I can see the stick in dmesg when I insert it

[ 81.097057] usb 1-1.3: new full-speed USB device number 6 using dwc_otg
    [ 81.244773] usb 1-1.3: New USB device found, idVendor=10c4, idProduct=89fb
    [ 81.244787] usb 1-1.3: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
    [ 81.244795] usb 1-1.3: Product: Qivicon ZigBee Device
    [ 81.244803] usb 1-1.3: Manufacturer: Silicon Labs
    [ 81.244811] usb 1-1.3: SerialNumber: 000001B9

• lsusb shows it exists as device 6

Bus 001 Device 005: ID 067b:2303 Prolific Technology, Inc. PL2303 Serial Port
    Bus 001 Device 006: ID 10c4:89fb Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc.
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0658:0200 Sigma Designs, Inc.
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp.
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

• I have a z-wave stick at /dev/ttyACM0 and a usb/serial port I use for lighting at /dev/ttyUSB0 but can’t find any dev port for the zigbee stick. (There are no other ttyACM* or ttyUSB* entries)

Any thoughts gratefully received! Then maybe I can try and catch you up

Having read a bit more (eg here), my suspicion is that I will need to change the firmware on the stick to make it usable.

Ah.

Yeah, that seems to be a different usb stick. My USB Stick has has “bitronvideo” on the front and “AV2010/10 // ZigBee USB Radio Stick” written on the back. But I’d not recommend buying this one until it’s confirmed working…
If you have a different one, different instructions apply. Maybe you have to flash a different firmware. Maybe it’s unsupported.

dmesg:

[37551.725035] usb 1-4: new full-speed USB device number 13 using xhci_hcd
[37551.874753] usb 1-4: New USB device found, idVendor=10c4, idProduct=8b34
[37551.874760] usb 1-4: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[37551.874768] usb 1-4: Product: BV 2010/10
[37551.874773] usb 1-4: Manufacturer: Silicon Labs
[37551.874777] usb 1-4: SerialNumber: 013752B3
[37551.877255] cp210x 1-4:1.0: cp210x converter detected
[37551.878741] usb 1-4: cp210x converter now attached to ttyUSB0

Hmm - I seem to have bought an older version. The one I ordered sounds like yours (here), but the one that was delivered is plain white on one side and has a serial no, “QIVICAN ZigBee Stick” and a UK address on the other.

Put this one down to experience, I think.

The QIVICON stick in the amazon link is the wrong one. The Qivicon-ones dont work. See:

and:
https://forum.fhem.de/index.php?topic=35743.0

Mine (bought in a telekom store across the street as part of the set “Magenta Smarthome FUNKSTICK ZigBee & USB-HUB” for 29,99€):
http://www.bitronvideo.eu/index.php/produkte/smart-home-produkte/zb-funkstick/

Oh bugger.

Thanks

I just backed:

I hope this will do all my zigbee, zwave, … needs for hass.io

3 Likes

Just watched the Mixtile video it looks really good and I hope that it almost becomes a dumb hub which can just pass everything onto Hass. I saw them using Xiaomi/Aqura sensors in their promo video guess the cracked the Xiaomi protocol?

1 Like

Backed it too, hope it will get useful

1 Like

Thanks for sharing - looks promising!
Any news on HA support OOB? I didnt see it in the indegogo page.

Has anyone had success in flashing an EZSP-capable firmware to the Qivicon/DT stick?

@Frank thanks for the guide. I’m able to do everything, except actually flash the firmware. I’ve tried doing it in Windows and Linux, but results are the same. It seems that the stick aborts the XModem upload immediately.

ATI
Telegesis ETRX357
R309C-DTAG build12S
000D6F000B30323D

OK

AT+BLOAD

ETRX357 Serial Bootloader v8001.02.01

1. upload ebl
2. run
3. ebl info
BL > 3
Telegesis AT-Commandset R309

ETRX357 Serial Bootloader v8001.02.01

1. upload ebl
2. run
3. ebl info
BL > 1
begin upload
CC

+-----------[xmodem upload - Press CTRL-C to quit]------------+
|Sending em357-ncp-uart-xon-xoff-use-with-serial-uart-bl-500.e|
|bl, 909 blocks: Give your local XMODEM receive command now.  |
|Xmodem sectors/kbytes sent:   0/ 0kRetry 0: Cancelled        |
|                                                             |
|Transfer incomplete                                          |
|                                                             |
| READY: press any key to continue...                         |
+-------------------------------------------------------------+

USB ID is 10c4:89fb for my stick.

I’m trying to get the same stick working in a virtualbox ubuntu installation (windows host) and I can’t add it. It doesn’t see it and the only manual thing telegenesis option is the ETRX3.

In windows it doesn’t do anything so I found out afterwards that it is clearly specified here that it only works in linux but how? and who made it work? who added it to the list?

There are at least two versions of the Qivicon stick. I bought one several month ago, and it was 10 min to flash it. I bought another stick for development later one and never made it to flash it. Same error as yours, xmodem upload failed.

Hmm, did this, and I think I bricked it.
The small red light does not come back on.
It is being detected as connected nu dmesg.
But I can’t reach it with mincom.

Is there a way to recover?

Same here. It all seemed to go fine and it uploaded the image. However when it finished the xmodem upload it sent garbage characters to the console. Then when I closed the connection and replugged in the stick the light would not come back on and it is not accepting a serial connection.

For anyone else think about trying this, pretty sure I bricked mine as well. FWIW it is an ETRX357USB-LRS not an ETRX357USB-LRS+8M, so that might have been the issue, but proceed with caution.

Just wanted to report hassle-free success with the Bitronvideo from https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07T6ZKSMF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just had to add the integration manually through the webui, as it was not auto-discovered (likely because I run HA under docker, even though I added “–device=/dev/ttyUSB0” to the “docker run”)

Tested with an Osram Plug.

Same here.
After your comment I bought the same dongle and it has been running smoothly for about 2 months.

Cheers.