EU USB sticks for the new Zigbee component

Hmm - I seem to have bought an older version. The one I ordered sounds like yours (here), but the one that was delivered is plain white on one side and has a serial no, “QIVICAN ZigBee Stick” and a UK address on the other.

Put this one down to experience, I think.

The QIVICON stick in the amazon link is the wrong one. The Qivicon-ones dont work. See:

and:
https://forum.fhem.de/index.php?topic=35743.0

Mine (bought in a telekom store across the street as part of the set “Magenta Smarthome FUNKSTICK ZigBee & USB-HUB” for 29,99€):
http://www.bitronvideo.eu/index.php/produkte/smart-home-produkte/zb-funkstick/

Oh bugger.

Thanks

I just backed:

I hope this will do all my zigbee, zwave, … needs for hass.io

3 Likes

Just watched the Mixtile video it looks really good and I hope that it almost becomes a dumb hub which can just pass everything onto Hass. I saw them using Xiaomi/Aqura sensors in their promo video guess the cracked the Xiaomi protocol?

1 Like

Backed it too, hope it will get useful

1 Like

Thanks for sharing - looks promising!
Any news on HA support OOB? I didnt see it in the indegogo page.

Has anyone had success in flashing an EZSP-capable firmware to the Qivicon/DT stick?

@Frank thanks for the guide. I’m able to do everything, except actually flash the firmware. I’ve tried doing it in Windows and Linux, but results are the same. It seems that the stick aborts the XModem upload immediately.

ATI
Telegesis ETRX357
R309C-DTAG build12S
000D6F000B30323D

OK

AT+BLOAD

ETRX357 Serial Bootloader v8001.02.01

1. upload ebl
2. run
3. ebl info
BL > 3
Telegesis AT-Commandset R309

ETRX357 Serial Bootloader v8001.02.01

1. upload ebl
2. run
3. ebl info
BL > 1
begin upload
CC

+-----------[xmodem upload - Press CTRL-C to quit]------------+
|Sending em357-ncp-uart-xon-xoff-use-with-serial-uart-bl-500.e|
|bl, 909 blocks: Give your local XMODEM receive command now.  |
|Xmodem sectors/kbytes sent:   0/ 0kRetry 0: Cancelled        |
|                                                             |
|Transfer incomplete                                          |
|                                                             |
| READY: press any key to continue...                         |
+-------------------------------------------------------------+

USB ID is 10c4:89fb for my stick.

I’m trying to get the same stick working in a virtualbox ubuntu installation (windows host) and I can’t add it. It doesn’t see it and the only manual thing telegenesis option is the ETRX3.

In windows it doesn’t do anything so I found out afterwards that it is clearly specified here that it only works in linux but how? and who made it work? who added it to the list?

There are at least two versions of the Qivicon stick. I bought one several month ago, and it was 10 min to flash it. I bought another stick for development later one and never made it to flash it. Same error as yours, xmodem upload failed.

Hmm, did this, and I think I bricked it.
The small red light does not come back on.
It is being detected as connected nu dmesg.
But I can’t reach it with mincom.

Is there a way to recover?

Same here. It all seemed to go fine and it uploaded the image. However when it finished the xmodem upload it sent garbage characters to the console. Then when I closed the connection and replugged in the stick the light would not come back on and it is not accepting a serial connection.

For anyone else think about trying this, pretty sure I bricked mine as well. FWIW it is an ETRX357USB-LRS not an ETRX357USB-LRS+8M, so that might have been the issue, but proceed with caution.

Just wanted to report hassle-free success with the Bitronvideo from https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07T6ZKSMF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just had to add the integration manually through the webui, as it was not auto-discovered (likely because I run HA under docker, even though I added “–device=/dev/ttyUSB0” to the “docker run”)

Tested with an Osram Plug.

Same here.
After your comment I bought the same dongle and it has been running smoothly for about 2 months.

Cheers.

Hi @koying and @javicalle!

After your comments I ordered one from amazon.de but have no success with it what of course could be my fault because I’m totally new with Zigbee devices.

Could you please help me a little bit on it?

I wrote every aspect of my experiments here:

And for the proper communication, my device is this one:

[    2.855187] usb 1-3: new full-speed USB device number 3 using xhci_hcd
[    3.005948] usb 1-3: New USB device found, idVendor=10c4, idProduct=8b34, bcdDevice= 1.00
[    3.005950] usb 1-3: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[    3.005951] usb 1-3: Product: BV 2010/10
[    3.005951] usb 1-3: Manufacturer: Silicon Labs
[    3.005952] usb 1-3: SerialNumber: 0137F05F
[   19.445852] usb 1-3: cp210x converter now attached to ttyUSB0

Thanks in advance for any type of answer!

Problem solved with closer position with a notebook for the test. Seems the gatgnized the 2 Hue devices.

Thanks for the help!

Have anyone here upgraded firmware on Telegesis ETRX357USB with newer EmberZNet firmware?

As I understand it could possibly support newer EmberZNet NCP application firmware (ver. 6.5 or 6.6?).

I don’t have one myself but think it would be a good idea to collect that information in one location, ex:

Have anyone here upgraded firmware on SMaBiT AV2010/10 or Bitron Video AV2010/10 USB-sticks?

As I understand it could possibly support newer EmberZNet NCP application firmware (ver. 6.5 or 6.6?).

I don’t have one myself but think it would be a good idea to collect that information in one location, ex:

Walthowd just update his tool to flash ETRX357USB with EmberZNet 6.6.5-204, and it works flawlessly !

1 Like