Eufy Camera Integration

As integration owner and engineer, I am enjoying to play this so I would stick to eufy BUT it might be difficult to catch up for novice users. On the other hand, I see that there are many people out there using this with variety of technical background.

1 Like

Hi
I looking to get an indoor camera, to keep an eye on our new dog when not home.

My question is can this integration disable the camera on command. I don’t want it recording when we are home. Only when we not.

Hi @phairplay ,

Not sure how your camera is setup but I use frigate and I disable my cameras recording when I’m home and vice versa when we leave home :slight_smile:

- alias: CCTV - Activate motion we leave home
  id: cctv_activate_motion_we_leave_home
  initial_state: true
  trigger:
    - platform: state
      entity_id: person.laurent
    - platform: state
      entity_id: person.div
  condition:
    - condition: template
      value_template: '{{ states("person.laurent") != "home"}}'
    - condition: template
      value_template: '{{ states("person.div") != "home"}}'
    - condition: state
      entity_id: input_boolean.guests
      state: 'off'
  action:
    - service: switch.turn_on
      data:
        entity_id: switch.conservatory_detect,switch.conservatory_recordings,switch.conservatory_snapshots
      data:
        entity_id: switch.kitchen_detect,switch.kitchen_recordings,switch.kitchen_snapshots
      data:
        entity_id: switch.living_room_detect,switch.living_room_recordings,switch.living_room_snapshots
1 Like

There is a service to enable and disable cameras, you can manage it

1 Like

Hi there, First of all; I love the integration and its functionality. I was wondering if it is possible to send out quick responses on the Eufy doorbell through Home Assistant. For example I thought it would be fun to trigger some custom recorded quick responses on a doorbell press on certain occasions.

I saw that the ‘eufy-security-ws’ integration has some options for quick responses (see below), but I have no clue how to actually integrate these in a script and whether they’d even work for this purpose.

Any ideas?

#Doorbell quick response
#[compatible with schema version: 3+]

interface {
  messageId: string;
  command: "device.quick_response";
  serialNumber: string;
  voiceId: number;
}

#Get doorbell quick response voices
#[compatible with schema version: 3+]

interface {
  messageId: string;
  command: "device.get_voices";
  serialNumber: string;
}

#Returns:

interface {
    serialNumber: string;  // [added with schema version: 4+]
    voices: Voices
}

As i don’t want to bloat this post anymore, can we discuss over here? Eufy Security Integration

and, the answer is yes, you can send commands as captured in WS repository using home assistant integration. Example: Camera control using the service eufy_security.send_message · Issue #71 · fuatakgun/eufy_security · GitHub

Is there a way to control the speaker in a camera and basestation? Like, is it possible to let it sound an alarm (like the anti-theft alarm)? My parents got an unwanted visitor tonight. Luckily he was caught on the camera and all doors were locked. But it would like to scare the guy next time off before he got to the backdoor. Or even give my parents a physical button they can press, that triggers an automation that sets off the alarm and notifies me for instance. Not only for an unwanted visitor situation, but also for other emergency situations (they are not the youngest anymore, unfortunately).

You can trigger alarm on base station using eufy_security custom integration. I haven’t implemented alarm trigger for cameras, feel free to request this on repository directly

1 Like

I also have a wired eufy door bell, If you need more testers !

I have a T8200 doorbell. Happy to test and give feedback!
Thanks for your great work on this!

bropat is working another version which might solve majority of logging in and no-devices and locked issues.

Has anyone tried this with this Eufy Battery Doorbell 2K Lite (Model E82211)?

It’s not on the device list on bropat’s github, but I dont see how it would be any different then the current ones. This model appears to be special for certain stores, like Costco in certain parts of the US.

Most of the time, unlisted devices might work out of the box, or might be missing some functionalities but bropat is very kind to implement these as long as someone share a device with him through the implementation.

1 Like

I have eufy wired doorbell and been using mqqt integration for a year
It works nice, but stream component is laggy i have to run a script and after 5-10seconds the stream goes on
Are there any new updates of instant streaming?

@skank did you figure a way around this? I have the same problem

is there until now no other way to realize it ?

i must install Iobroker addon and then there the eufy-security addon, and configure there my cams, right?

then add the yamls and i can use the ptz control with my eufy cam?

There is also integration and the eufy_security addon. I have a camera hijacking T8410 and I can control the camera through the PTZ, there are sensors and I can use all its functions

Yes this is what I have installed this is the normal one ?

I have no pzt. Controls ? Have you it under the camera entity ?

You might be confused.

The “normal” one you refer to is probably the built-in integration:

The one most were using before was:

This thread is regarding:

okay, maybe I expressed myself badly I installed the version of fuatakgun.

version

but i had no PTZ Sensors or Options how @DivanX10 said, see here

i have the Eufy 2K Indoor Camera , Model T8410

@DivanX10

i have the same model, can you make a screenshot of the sensor for PTZ control?