Eufy Camera Integration

Hi! I had my eufy security up and working with Home Assistant for some time… then it stopped working.
I removed the component and re-installed it. I notice that I cannot log into the integration - it keeps prompting me for my username & password. I double checked my username & password which are correct.

eufy related items in my logs:

s➜ config git:(master) more home-assistant.log|grep eufy 2020-12-02 06:27:52 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.hacs.repository.integration.nonsleepr.ha-eufy-security] GitHub Ratelimit error 2020-12-02 06:27:52 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.hacs.factory] nonsleepr/ha-eufy-security - GitHub Ratelimit error 2020-12-02 07:17:13 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for eufy_security which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant. ➜ config git:(master)

I am able to log into https://mysecurity.eufylife.com/#/camera to view my camera:

I see this after entering my username and password:
100928431-343b6f00-34b4-11eb-822c-04604b01eab0

Today I received an e-mail from Coolblue about the extra chime for the wireless doorbell with HomeBase 2. It’s finally available.

A couple weeks ago I read somewhere that the USB dongle (which has to be plugged in the HomeBase) and the chime use 433 mhz to communicate with each other. I still got my RFXCOM laying around somewhere, so I’ll try to see if something useful will be received on the RFXCOM when ringing the chime. Will let you know :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I assume there is still no update regarding “change alarm/security mode”, correct? Too bad because this makes the Eufy a dealbreaker for me :frowning:

3 Likes

Hi,

I’m very much looking forward to a eufy integration. And I was wondering if there is something I can do to help in the process. I’m not very handy with coding but perhaps there is something I can do to help.

Just bought the 2k Wired doorbell. I’ve successfully added it to HA and can get the picture image. However live stream isn’t working- in my Home Assistant logs it’s showing

Error requesting stream: camera.doorbell does not support play stream service
Error requesting stream: camera.bedroom does not support play stream service

Any ideas on how to fix this?

The way around this is to have scripts set up to start/stop the various cameras. Then to call those scripts using the lovelace interface. … the down side, you have to refresh the page to get the stream to show after you start the camera. It doesn’t work for me in the mobile app.

Here’s my scripts:

doorbell_camera_on:
  alias: Doorbell camera on
  sequence:
  - service: camera.turn_on
    data: {}
    entity_id: camera.front_door
  mode: single
  icon: mdi:video
doorbell_camera_off:
  alias: Doorbell camera off
  sequence:
  - service: camera.turn_off
    entity_id: camera.front_door
  icon: mdi:video-off

Then for lovelace, card with on/off options:

type: picture-glance
entities:
  - entity: script.doorbell_camera_on
    tap_action:
      - action: call-service
        service: script.doorbell_camera_on
        service: browser_mod.lovelace_reload
        service_data:
          deviceID: this
  - entity: script.doorbell_camera_off
    tap_action:
      action: call-service
      service: script.doorbell_camera_off
  - entity: sensor.front_door_1101
    icon: 'mdi:battery'
camera_image: camera.front_door
title: Previous

lovelace card for viewing the stream:

type: picture-entity
entity: camera.front_door
camera_view: live
name: Live view

… don’t forget to refresh the page after you start the camera.
I believe the camera auto stops the stream after 3 minutes (haven’t tested this… )

3 Likes

Ah fantastic thank you - I had the ‘camera on’ script and had triggered it a few times to no avail, but restarted HA and all is well. I’ve setup a script to turn the camera on every 3 minutes to mitigate that issue!

1 Like

Hey everyone.
One thing I noticed that should be more visible on the documentation.
Only the primary account works, if you create a “friend” account, this account cannot see the devices.

Also is there any way to setup an automation whenever someone rings at the doorbell.

This is super-useful. Thank you.

I nearly have it working fully but I don’t seem to be able to start the camera from the lovelace on/off card. It works fine if I run the script from the Configuration | Scripts section but it’s not getting triggered from the lovelace on/off card. It looks like this.

entities:
  - entity: script.front_door_camera_on
    tap_action:
        service: script.front_door_camera_on
        service: browser_mod.lovelace_reload
        service_data:
          deviceID: this
  - entity: script.front_door_camera_off
    tap_action:
      action: call-service
      service: script.front_door_camera_off
camera_image: camera.front_door
title: Previous

I’m having the exact same issue. Can’t figure out why it’s not calling the camera on script from lovelace. Works fine if called from the Scripts section.

Guys, I have an eufy 2k indoor camera. I connected it natively to the Home Kit. But I would like to get it in the same way. I did everything according to the instructions, but the snapshot appears in the ladies’ man for one second and then disappears. Did anyone have this?

Had the same issue - couldn’t login. 2FA had to be turned off. There is an issue in the repo to fix this.

@rmarkle - super! removing 2FA helped me connect the integration. thanks again

Building on the work of Bergals above this is what I have created. It allows me to turn the cameras on/ off with the click of a button on the same card, monitor the battery status of each camera (from attribute 1101), and also auto-stop the feed after two minutes encase it doesn’t auto-off.

The issues seem to be that as the on/off switch is ‘optimistic’ it doesn’t guarantee that the command is received. I spent some time trying to find an attribute on the Eufy 2C that changed when the camera goes “live”, but it appears that there is no attribute for that. Thus in the meantime, ‘optimistic’ seems to be the best option. Additionally, to make this work, I used https://github.com/thomasloven/hass-browser_mod, which sometimes seems not to refresh the page in chrome automatically.

Script

'1607583590148':
  alias: Front Camera on
  sequence:
  - service: camera.turn_on
    entity_id: camera.front_garden_2
  - wait_template: ''
    timeout: 00:00:10
    continue_on_timeout: true
  - service: browser_mod.window_reload
  - wait_template: ''
    timeout: 00:02:00
    continue_on_timeout: true
  mode: restart
  icon: mdi:camera
'1607577007995':
  alias: Front Camera Off
  sequence:
  icon: mdi:camera-off

Lovelace Card:

image: 'https://demo.home-assistant.io/stub_config/kitchen.png'
entities:
  - entity: switch.front_camera_switch
  - entity: sensor.front_camera_battery
title: Front Garden
camera_image: camera.front_garden_2
camera_view: live

config.yaml

sensor:
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      front_camera_battery:
        friendly_name: Front Camera Battery
        unit_of_measurement: '%'
        value_template: >-
            {%- if state_attr('camera.front_garden_2', '1101') %}
                {{ state_attr('camera.front_garden_2', '1101')|round }}
            {% else %}
                {{ states('camera.front_garden_2') }}
            {%- endif %}
        device_class: battery
switch:
  - platform: template
    switches:
      front_camera_switch:
        icon_template: mdi:camera
        turn_on:
          service: script.1607583590148
        turn_off:
          service: script.1607577007995

If someone can work out how to get the switch to change status when HomeAssistant receives a live feed that would be exceptional. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Can someone help me with the integration of my Eufy doorbell?
I installed the HACS component and logged in to the integration. However I don’t get an Eufy Entity.

Did you create a second account, used that account for HA and assigned the device to it?

Yes I created a second account and e-mail. Logged into this account with my smartphone and accepted the invitation. Logged into Eufy Security integration with these credentials.
It is compatible with the “Eufy by Anker Video Doorbell Battery Set” ?

I am unsure about the battery doorbell.

I had the same issue, I had to use the primary account, because the secondary account cannot see my devices

… And you did log out of the second account after you accepted the invitation? Otherwise you would block the account again. Just asking… :blush:

1 Like